eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading, blockchain and machine-learning-based investment products. eToro is a regulated and secure platform, operating in full transparency with its clients’ interest in mind.
eToro’s award-winning trading and investing platform is home to millions of traders and investors in 140 countries. Join our Compliance department and enjoy a professional, rewarding job atmosphere at a company that puts on emphasis on professional standards, while keeping the workplace fun. We offer competitive fees and great benefits for the right applicant.
eToro’s new U.S. office is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to lead the U.S. subsidiary overall cryptocurrency compliance efforts.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive and senior management background, with a detailed understanding of custodian, fiduciary, and retail trading services of digital assets. Proven track record in successfully navigating the cryptocurrency or payments regulatory and compliance landscape.
What you’ll be doing?
- Lead compliance for the U.S product and commercial partnerships.
- Interact and nurture relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Oversee Anti-money laundering, financial crimes, OFAC and sanctions Compliance matters.
- Providing/coordinating training for appropriate employees and new employees on AML requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Manage & oversee regulatory examinations & internal and external audits.
- Productize the compliance process so that what can be automated will be automated.
- Manage and oversee all regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure transaction monitoring for suspicious activity is conducted according to internal procedures.
- Maintain oversight of the due diligence process.
- Maintain oversight of the Customer Identification Program.
- Maintain oversight of recordkeeping and record retention requirements.
- Enhance and maintain the compliance framework through the development and implementation of comprehensive policies and procedures.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape and proactively assess impact to the subsidiary.
- Recruit, manage, lead and develop compliance & risk teams.
- Work with the product teams in a compliance advisory capacity.
- Oversee vendor management processes from a risk and compliance standpoint.
- Have the ability to thrive in fast-pace, evolving, and technologically driven environment.
- Act as head of U.S. policy and advocacy, initiate, plan, partner and sponsor activities to help shape industry self-regulation, rules and laws.
Want to Join? You’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, computer science a plus
- Series 7 & 24 licenses required
- 10+ years of proven compliance experience in known financial firms, experience in crypto or payments a plus
- CAMS certification, highly recommended but not required
- Demonstrated interest in cryptocurrency regulatory landscape and related policy
- Ability to understand complex financial products
- Strong project management skills
- Extreme organization skills
- Creative thinking and affinity to innovation
- Excellent analytical skills and with the ability to deliver results under pressure
- Travel 25% - 50%