Director of Compliance (Money Services)
eToro’s new U.S. office is looking for a Director of Compliance to lead the U.S. MSB subsidiary overall cryptocurrency compliance efforts.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive senior management background, with a detailed understanding of custodian, fiduciary, and retail trading services of digital assets, as well as a proven track record in successfully navigating the cryptocurrency and compliance landscape.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead compliance for the U.S. MSB products and commercial partnerships.
- Interact and nurture relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Providing/coordinating training for appropriate employees and new employees on AML requirements, policies, and procedures relating to money services business requirements.
- Manage & oversee internal and external audits.
- Productize the compliance process so that what can be automated will be automated.
- Manage and oversee all regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure transaction monitoring for suspicious activity is conducted according to internal procedures.
- Enhance and maintain the compliance framework through the development and implementation of comprehensive policies and procedures.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape and proactively assess impact to the subsidiary.
- Recruit, manage, lead and develop compliance & risk teams.
- Work with the product teams in a compliance advisory capacity.
- Oversee vendor management processes from a risk and compliance standpoint.
- Have the ability to thrive in fast-paced, evolving, and technologically driven environment.
- Act as head of U.S. MSB policy and advocacy, initiate, plan, partner and sponsor activities to help shape industry self-regulation, rules, and laws.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 10+ years of proven compliance experience in known financial firms
- Demonstrated interest and experience in cryptocurrency regulatory landscape and related policy
- Ability to understand complex financial products
- Strong project management skills
- Extreme organization skills
- Creative thinking and affinity to innovation
- Excellent analytical skills and with the ability to deliver results under pressure
- Travel 25%