European Head of PR & Communications
eToro was founded in 2007 with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. The eToro Group consists of the eToro platform, our multi-asset trading and investment venue, and eToroX, which manages our crypto wallet and exchange.
The eToro platform enables people to invest in the assets they want, from stocks and commodities to cryptoassets. We are a global community of more than ten million registered users who share their investment strategies; and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real time, and transact whenever they want.
As technology has evolved, so has our business. In 2018, we created eToroX, our tokenized asset subsidiary. eToroX provides the infrastructure, in the form of a crypto wallet and the forthcoming exchange, that supports our commitment to facilitating the evolution of tokenized assets. We believe that leveraging blockchain technology will enable us to become the first truly global service provider allowing everyone to trade, invest and save.
Based in the UK and reporting to the Global Head of PR & Communications, the European Head of PR & Communications will be responsible for leading PR for eToro in Europe. They will also play a role in supporting the global PR strategy and programme for eToro.
- Lead PR efforts for Europe - devise and manage the PR strategy and programme for eToro in Europe. At present this means: UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
- Day to day interaction with eToro’s European agencies (will be required to also work with other markets as required).
- Press office functions:
- Prioritising and answering direct media requests
- Progressing appropriate opportunities put forward by the the PR agencies
- Drafting or reviewing/editing PR plans / campaigns, press releases, house views, positioning statements, Q&As and ad-hoc media notes
- Liaison with content writers regarding placed articles and other written commentary
- Organizing media events and media attendance at events and conferences
- Co-ordinating submissions for awards and surveys.
- Monitoring and managing eToro’s reputation globally:
- Reviewing daily press clippings
- Monitoring of journalists’ requests
- Monitoring key debates and identifying story opportunities as well as potential issues
- Manage crisis communications or issues management - with the support of the Global Head of PR & Communications
- Acting in the longer term as a spokesperson
- Acting as a senior member of the PR team:
- Responsibility for European PR
- Day to day global PR contact for eToro’s European PR agencies and European Regional Managers/spokespeople
- Participate in monthly global PR calls
- Support coordination of PR activity between local marketing and PR teams and the central teams in Israel and London
- Encouraging sharing of best practice between countries
- Evaluation: liaison with global PR agency in order to evaluate the impact of eToro’s PR activity via pre-agreed KPIs and support the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly updates for the global PR evaluation
- Manage PR budget spend and compile necessary records and input to Global Head of PR and Communications for budget exercise
Key skills and experience:
﹘ 8 plus years PR experience
﹘ Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
﹘ Proven track record in building media relationships
﹘ Native English proficiency; extra languages an advantage
﹘ Pro-active and solution driven with a strong sense of responsibility
﹘ Experience of working with other nationalities and as part of a cross-functional team
﹘ Ability to work in crisis mode
﹘ Experience of media relations / managing PR agencies in Europe an advantage
﹘ Understanding of fintech or financial services an advantage