We know that quickly accessing familiar people and markets is an essential part of using the eToro OpenBook. This is why today we’re thrilled to announce a whole new eToro Search experience!
Just hit the search box on the eToro OpenBook site header, and start typing. The relevant search results will just pop up, like magic!
Search for people by entering username, first name or last name.
Search for markets by entering their market symbol or stock company name.
The new search experience is also available on the go, via the eToro OpenBook mobile site. Just open the menu, tap the search box and start typing. Search results will appear, immediately.
With this version we’re also introducing the ability to “unfollow” people straight from your connections page.
Just visit your own profile page, hit the Connections tab, and choose the blue “Following” option to the right. You will now be able to unfollow people with just one click.
In addition to these two major changes, we’ve also made the following adjustments and bug fixes:
• Automatic market tagging logic on feed will no longer tag stock symbols, such as “C” and “SI”. This has created issues with different languages.
• Added ability to close phone verification popup when signing up
• Bug fix – notifications were not being sent when someone also commented on a post you participated in
• Bug fix – When posting on a market’s wall, sometimes the post disappeared from the market’s wall and will only appeared on the user’s wall.
• Bug fix – Copiers graph on the stats main chart – mouse over tooltip showed gain numbers instead of copiers numbers, in all languages other than English
• Bug fix – copy button wasn’t switching to ‘copying’ when copying a trader via the feed
• “Pending” status for open stock trades now better explained via a new tooltip
• Bug fix – the wrong regional community managers were being suggested on “Unlock My Feed”
• OpenBook mobile website – now allows visitors to learn more about eToro by accessing desktop website
What do you think of the new search experience? We would love to get your feedback!