UPDATE: This post is no longer relevant, for up to date information about the Popular Investor Program please see this post.
With much excitement, we are happy to announce the launch of our new Popular Investor Program!
This program replaces the Social Guru Program and has been organized based on a truly collaborative effort between the eToro team and you, our users, to create a program that really stands out.
We believe that this new program gives greater care to the traders who prefer to copy at eToro, and helps them avoid the risks of copying the “here today, gone tomorrow” investors, while enhancing the benefits for the Popular Investors themselves.
Requirements to join:
– A verified and socially connected eToro Trading account. A socially connected account is an eToro account that has been connected to any of the following Social Networks: Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. Login to eToro OpenBook and Complete your Profile.
– At least 3 months trading history since first funding your eToro trading account
– Minimum of 10 copiers at the time of application
– Share your real name, real photo and some basic background information in your eToro OpenBook profile. See this example:
- Payments to Popular Investors will no longer consist of eToro Credits, instead they will be 100% cash (withdrawable funds) that will be paid to the Popular Investor’s chosen method of payment, via their eToro trading account.
- There is no minimum monthly trading volume, although a position must have been either opened during the calendar month or have been carried over from a previous calendar month.
- In the 1st week of each month we will pay Popular Investors according to the average number of qualified copiers they had on a daily basis, during the previous month. A qualified copier is any copier who, at midnight GMT each day, has at least $100 of unrealized equity (this includes the P&L of any open positions) allocated to copying the Popular Investor.
For example: Lisa starts copying Matthew with $100. At this time, Lisa is a qualified copier. Matthew opens a few positions, which Lisa copies. Unfortunately these copied positions initially lose $15 in value. This brings Lisa’s unrealized copy equity to $85. At this point, Lisa is no longer a qualified copier. However, the market then turns in Matthew’s favour and Lisa’s copied positions gain $25 in value, bringing her unrealized equity up to $110. Lisa is now once again a qualified copier.
4. The Popular Investor payments depend on two factors: average daily qualified copiers and the number of profitable time periods out of the following four investment periods: Last Month, Last 3 months, Last 6 months and Last 12 months. Two profitable investment periods or less means that the Popular Investor gets paid according to the “Basic” amount. Three profitable periods or more means that the Popular Investor gets paid according to the “Top” amount. See the table below for the breakdown.
This Popular Investor, (see the Stats below) would be paid according to the “Basic” column, as only 2 of the time periods are profitable.
This Popular Investor would be paid double what the previous Popular Investor was paid, even if they had the same number of average daily qualified copiers, as this Popular Investor has 3 or more profitable time periods.
How to join
Visit this webpage to read all the information about the Program including the terms and conditions and start the process by registering.
Frequently asked questions:
- Why do I have to share my real name and picture as an entrance requirement?
It is important to potential and existing copiers to know that they are copying a real person, not a robot, Expert Advisor (EA) or any other automated system and that users who have been accepted to our Popular Investor program have undergone a verification process.
- How does this Program help the copier?
As new users are constantly joining eToro, we wanted to allow a grace period of trading before being eligible to be a Popular Investor. This encourages commitment and consistency on the part of the trader, to encourage more responsible trading thus reducing some of the risk to their potential copiers.
- Why do users have to deposit to join the Popular Investor Program?
Feedback from the community of eToro users indicates greater confidence in any trader investing with their own funds, compared to traders who have been successfully investing with eToro Credits.
- I am a Social Guru what do I need to do?
You will be contacted directly by the eToro Community Team and we will explain what the changes are and what to do next in order to move you over to the Popular Investor Program.
So if you have copiers, you are a consistent trader and you’d like to earn an extra payout of up to $10,000 per month, visit the Popular Investor page (Click here) and register! We will then contact you to guide you through the process.
We want to thank you for taking an active part in establishing this program, and of course we will continue to listen to your suggestions and ideas- so start right now and tell us what you think in the comments!