What happens if my stock is affected by a corporate event (such as a delisting or merger)?
The eToro platform does not support the replacing of one stock with another. However, eToro clients affected by such corporate actions may receive compensation where appropriate.
- If you hold stock positions in a company that is delisted from a stock exchange:
The stock will be removed from the eToro platform.
- CFD positions will be closed at the available rate traded in the OTC market at the time of liquidation, and any profit or loss incurred from these trades will be reflected in your Available balance.
- Real positions may remain open. If there is an OTC market, you may be able to continue managing them as you see fit.
- If you hold stock positions in a company that is acquired as part of a merger:
All open positions of the acquired stock will be closed at the last price we receive from our liquidity providers. Any profit or loss incurred from these trades will be reflected in your Available balance.
- If you hold stock positions in the acquiring company in a merger:
The stock will continue to be offered and your positions will remain open.