PR & Communications Manager
eToro was founded in 2007 with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. The eToro Group consists of the eToro platform, our multi-asset trading and investment venue, and eToroX, which manages our crypto wallet and exchange.
The eToro platform enables people to invest in the assets they want, from stocks and commodities to cryptoassets. We are a global community of more than ten million registered users who share their investment strategies; and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real time, and transact whenever they want.
As technology has evolved, so has our business. In 2018, we created eToroX, our tokenized asset subsidiary. eToroX provides the infrastructure, in the form of a crypto wallet and the forthcoming exchange, that supports our commitment to facilitating the evolution of tokenized assets. We believe that leveraging blockchain technology will enable us to become the first truly global service provider allowing everyone to trade, invest and save.
Based in the UK and reporting to the Global Head of PR & Communications, the PR & Communications Manager will be responsible for supporting the global PR strategy and programme for eToro. They will have a specific focus on European markets, sharing responsibility for the UK with another PR & Communications Manager, who will have a specific focus on non-European markets.
- Press office functions:
- Prioritising and answering direct media requests
- Progressing appropriate opportunities put forward by the the PR agencies
- Drafting or reviewing/editing PR plans / campaigns, press releases, house views, positioning statements, Q&As and ad-hoc media notes
- Liaison with content writers regarding placed articles and other written commentary
- Organizing media events and media attendance at events and conferences
- Co-ordinating submissions for awards and surveys.
- Day to day interaction with eToro’s UK and global PR agencies (with a specific focus on European markets but will be required to also work with other markets as required). Helping to provide direction and support for the execution of the global PR strategy.
- Monitoring and managing eToro’s reputation globally:
- Reviewing daily press clippings
- Monitoring of journalists’ requests
- Monitoring key debates and identifying story opportunities as well as potential issues
- Helping to manage crisis communications or issues management - with the support of the Global Head of PR & Communications
- Acting in the longer term as a spokesperson
- Acting as a key part of the global PR network:
- Day to day global PR contact for eToro’s European PR agencies and European Regional Managers/spokespeople
- Participate in monthly global PR calls
- Support coordination of PR activity between local marketing and PR teams and the central teams in Israel and London
- Encouraging sharing of best practice between countries
- Evaluation: liaison with global PR agency in order to evaluate the impact of eToro’s PR activity via pre-agreed KPIs and support the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly updates for the global PR evaluation
- Help monitor PR budget spend and compile necessary records and input to Global Head of PR and Communications for budget exercise
Key skills and experience:
﹘ 5 plus years PR experience
﹘ Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
﹘ Proven track record in building media relationships
﹘ Native English proficiency; extra languages an advantage
﹘ Pro-active and solution driven with a strong sense of responsibility
﹘ Experience of working with other nationalities and as part of a cross-functional team
﹘ Ability to work in crisis mode
﹘ Experience of media relations / managing PR agencies in Europe an advantage
﹘ Understanding of fintech or financial services an advantage