eToro is the leading global investment platform that makes online trading and investing accessible to everyone. More than 11 million registered users are already using eToro’s platform to participate in markets old and new, including traditional stocks and commodities to cutting-edge cryptoassets. eToro is a regulated and secure platform, operating in full transparency with its clients’ interest in mind.
The Controller is a key member of eToro USA’s early team. The Controller will lead all Accounting and Financial Controls activity for all legal entities, including the broker-dealer, and build out the function. you will be expected to lead and oversee all accounting matters, with emphasis on financial reporting, controls, tax and treasury management. You will integrate accounting procedures with the global finance team and liaise with outside tax and accounting firms. As the Company grows, you will have the opportunity to scale your impact with it.
- Establish and oversee accounting systems, procedures and controls to ensure record keeping accuracy
- Manage and oversee daily operations, including cash management, account disbursements, entity investment allocations, investment instrument documentation and safekeeping
- Work closely with Broker-Dealer FinOP to meet FINRA requirements.
- Primary responsibility for review and preparation of all financial reports, including cash flow projections, financial statements, annual budgets, monthly bank reconciliation, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records for all financial transactions, including inflows, outflows, budgets, investments, receivables, payables, purchase contracts, insurance, and investment entities. Retain such in accordance with the various regulations under which the entities operate.
- Monitor existing internal controls and work with outside accounting firms to conduct periodic risk assessments. Set up, with compliance of each entity, new policies and procedures as appropriate;
- Maintain a high performance, collaborative team environment that produces high quality performance.
- Manage the financial year end audit processes as well as involvement in the regulatory audits as they relate to the financials.
- Series 99 (or willing to complete within 6 months of hire) and professional certifications (CPA or similar)
- At least 10 years of experience in a combination of public accounting and relevant industry with an emphasis on accounting, financial management and financial reporting
- Expertise in either Money Services or broker-dealer accounting, metrics, and revenue recognition standards
- Intellectual curiosity for the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced start-up