How do I transfer cryptoassets from the eToro trading platform to my eToro wallet?
You can withdraw supported cryptoassets from the eToro trading platform to an external wallet via the eToro Wallet, which is a mobile app available on both iOS and Android devices. Your username and password for the eToro Wallet app will match your trading account's login credentials.
Once you have installed and signed into the eToro Wallet app, the option to transfer crypto trades to your crypto wallet will appear in the eToro trading platform, if the trades meet the transfer requirements.
*** The process of transferring crypto is one-way only, which means that any crypto you transfer from the eToro platform to your wallet cannot be transferred back to the eToro platform.
Follow these steps on your computer or mobile device to transfer crypto:
- In the trading platform, click on the Portfolio tab.
- Click on the crypto you would like to transfer.
- You will see all of your open trades for that cryptoasset. Click on the specific trade you would like to transfer.
- On the Edit Trade screen, click ‘Transfer to Wallet’.
- Review the transfer’s details. Click ‘Transfer’ to initiate the process.
- That’s it! You will receive a notification to confirm that your request was submitted. The trade line will show ‘Pending Transfer’. You have the option to cancel your request until the transfer process is complete.
It can take up to five business days for eToro to process the transfer request. From the moment that the request is processed, it can also take additional time for the coins to appear in the wallet. Furthermore, please note that there may be further delays in the execution of transfer requests.
Note: Requests are not processed on weekends and/or national holidays.
Once your crypto is transferred to your eToro wallet, you can convert it to another crypto or send it elsewhere. You can find a guide on how to send your crypto to another wallet here.
Here are some other notes to keep in mind while transferring crypto to your crypto wallet.
- You will need to have a cell phone verified with SMS capabilities to use the wallet. Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is mandatory for the eToro Wallet app.
- You will have to initiate a transfer for each trade you would like to move into your wallet individually. You cannot initiate a single transfer to move all of your trades under one asset.
- All transfer minimums and fees are found on the eToro Fees page here.
- XRP (Ripple) and XLM (Stellar) have other specific wallet requirements.