How do I open a trade?
To open a trade on eToro (web version or mobile app), please follow these steps:
- Find the instrument you would like to invest in: you can look on eToro’s home page, the search bar, your watchlist or a position you already have in your Portfolio.
- Click on the instrument and then on the ‘Trade’ button.
- Select BUY to open a long position, or SELL to open a short position.
- Enter the dollar value you wish to invest. Alternatively, click on ‘Units’ to enter the number of units you wish to purchase.
- Set rates for Stop Loss and Take Profit, and leverage, if applicable.
- Click on ‘Open Trade’. If the market is closed, you have the option to ‘Set Order’.
As soon as you click on ‘Open Trade’ or ‘Set Order’, an order to execute a trade is created. We will then do our best to fulfil your order. During market hours, this is usually instant. If the market is closed, we will execute your trade the next time the market opens at the best price available at that time.
You can find all these steps on how to open a trade in our video on the eToro Academy: