How do I transfer cryptocurrency from the eToro trading platform to my eToro Money crypto wallet?
You can withdraw supported cryptocurrencies from the eToro trading platform to an external wallet via eToro Money, which is a mobile app available on both iOS and Android devices. Your username and password for the eToro Money app will match your trading account's login credentials.
Once you have installed and signed into the eToro Money app, you will see the option to transfer crypto trades to your crypto wallet in the “Edit Trade” window of the relevant trade in the eToro trading platform.
*** If you funded your account with USA online banking, you will have to wait 7 business days before you can initiate a transfer.
*** If you funded your account with a debit card, you will have to wait 60 days before you can initiate a transfer.
*** The process of transferring coins is one-way only, which means that any crypto you transfer from the eToro platform to your wallet cannot be transferred back to the eToro platform.
Here are the steps for transferring cryptocurrency from the eToro trading platform to the eToro Money crypto wallet:
- Click on the “Portfolio” tab of your account.
- Click on the crypto you would like to transfer.
- You will see all of your open trades for that cryptocurrency. Click on the specific trade you would like to transfer.
- On the “Edit Trade” screen, click “Transfer to Wallet”.
- Review the transfer’s details. Click "Transfer" to initiate the process.
- That’s it! You will receive a notification to confirm that your request was submitted. The trade line will show ‘Pending Transfer’. You have the option to cancel your request until the transfer process is complete.
It can take up to five business days for eToro to process the transfer request. We may ask you for further documents in some cases. From the moment that the request is processed, it can also take additional time for the coins to appear in the wallet. Furthermore, please note that there may be further delays in the execution of transfer requests.
Note: Requests are not processed on weekends and/or national holidays.
While your request is processing, your position remains open, and could still be closed by Stop Loss or Take Profit. For this reason, you can adjust or completely remove your Stop Loss or Take Profit orders to ensure that you keep your transfer request active.
As part of the transfer process, the trade will eventually close, and the full value of the trade will move temporarily to your Available balance until we execute the transfer. Using these funds before your transfer has been processed will cause your transfer request to fail. If you are in doubt, check your eToro Money crypto wallet to be sure the transfer has been completed.
Once your crypto is transferred to your eToro Money crypto wallet, you can convert it to another crypto or send it elsewhere. You can find a guide on how to send your crypto to another wallet here.
Here are some other notes to keep in mind while transferring crypto to your crypto wallet:
- You will need to have a cell phone verified with SMS capabilities to use the wallet. Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is mandatory for the eToro Money app.
- You will have to initiate a transfer for each trade you would like to move into your wallet individually. You cannot initiate a single transfer to move all of your trades under one asset.
- All transfer minimums and fees can be found on the Wallet fees page.
- XLM (Stellar) has other specific wallet requirements.
- You can manage all of your transfers via the “Cashflow” section in your History view here.