How do I deposit funds?
Currently, eToro allows you to fund your account by domestic wire transfer. Log in to your account and click on the “Deposit Funds” button. Here you will find bank details and wire transfer instructions.
- Scroll to the wire transfer details on the page.
- Go to your bank (or log in to your bank’s web service*) and forward your wire transfer.
- Fill in your username and the transaction reference number in the Payment Details field.
- Your bank will issue a domestic wire document of your transfer
- After transferring the funds, please upload a scanned copy of the wire confirmation* document to https://www.etoro.com/en-us/customer-service/.
* In the case of online transfers, please take a screenshot of the online confirmation.
Please note: Wire transfer deposits can take 4-7 business days. Your eToro trading account will be credited once our bank confirms the transfer.
Is depositing safe and secure?
Yes, we have been protecting our customers’ funds worldwide since 2007, and we continuously strive to implement industry best practices to ensure that depositing money into your eToro account is safe, private and secure. All transactions are communicated using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, safeguarding your personal information.
What is the minimum First Time Deposit?
The minimum first-time deposit is $500 by Wire transfer.
Can I fund my account with someone else's bank account?
eToro does not allow third-party payments. A third-party payment is a deposit that is not in the same name as the owner of the eToro account. As stated in our terms and conditions, the owner of the trading account should be the owner of the funds.
However, if you wish to use a method of payment belonging to your spouse or another first-degree family member, we can set up a joint account for you. This means that both parties will be allowed access to deposit/withdraw funds, but only the account owner will be permitted to trade. You will be asked to provide identification documents, proof of your relation (such as marriage certificate/ birth certificate), as well as complete the joint account form.
If you attempt to use a third-party payment method without a joint account, your account will be closed and any remaining balance refunded.
Is there a minimum for deposits made after the First Time Deposit?
Yes. The minimum deposit amount on eToro for US users is $500, both for First Time Deposits and redeposits.