eToro is the leading global investment platform that makes online trading and investing accessible to everyone. More than 11 million registered users are already using eToro’s platform to participate in markets old and new, including traditional stocks and commodities to cutting-edge cryptoassets. eToro is a regulated and secure platform, operating in full transparency with its clients’ interest in mind.
This role is a key member of eToro USA’s early team and will serve as the critical support member to all Accounting and Financial Controls activity for all legal entities, including the broker-dealer, and build out the function. As an early employee, you will be expected to support the USA Controller in all accounting matters, with emphasis on financial reporting, controls, tax, and treasury management. As the Company grows, you will have the opportunity to scale your impact with it.
- Ensuring financial reporting is in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Preparing and assisting in month-end financial reporting, regulatory reporting, budget vs. actual, forecasting, and other ad hoc reporting.
- Assisting in financial, regulatory, and tax audits.
- Assisting in migration to a new invoicing system conscious of a multiple regulated entity structure.
- Assisting in build out of a Purchase Order System, and creating processes, procedures, and controls around it.
- Monitoring of processes, procedures, and controls to ensure record keeping accuracy
- Proactively identify control gaps and building processes, procedures, and controls around them.
- Assisting in streamlining month-end closing processes to reduce close time and increase controls and efficiencies.
- Assisting with client and vendor tax reporting (eg. W9, W8, 1099)
- Reports to USA Controller to support the various regulated entities, with various ad hoc and on-going assignments as the Controller may require.
- At least 3 years of experience in a combination of public accounting and relevant industry (preferably a broker-dealer) with an emphasis on accounting, financial management, and financial reporting.
- CPA preferred, Series 99 (or obtain immediately), Series 27 a benefit
- Expert knowledge of Quickbooks
- Track record of automation and problem solving
- Intellectual curiosity for the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced start-up, and wearing multiple hats
- Authorized for employment in the United States