Risk Data Scientist
eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading and machine-learning-powered investment products.
eToro’s award-winning trading and investing platform is at the forefront of Fintech technology. Our Risk department is focused on broad market risks, credit risks, and operational trading risks. We promote an organizational culture which is both professional and fun.
We are looking for creative, self driven, experts in the field of quantitative finance with specific knowledge in modern portfolio theory, options pricing theories and market micro structure. The Risk Data Scientist will work in applying variations of these financial theories to work. We’re looking for highly motivated and a team player individual to join our Trading department (Tel-Aviv).
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday
As a Risk Data Scientist, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop an automated Risk Dashboard encompassing all of eToro’s portfolios – from ideation and all the way to a running prototype.
- Use the latest econometric and statistical methods to analyze patterns and build risk scenarios.
- Learn how to deal with vast amounts of time series data and noise. Lots of noise.
- Maintain and improve existing risk systems.
- Be part of the Risk management team and help shape the future architecture.
- Advanced degree in computer science engineering or similar field (Mathematics of Physics)
- At least 3 years of experience in a company that deploys automated trading as part of its operations.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Prior experience in time series and very large data sets.
- Prior knowledge of trading and market risk – a plus
- Self-starter in a fast-paced environment