Global Market Analyst
The Global Markets Analyst position will be responsible for providing global macro-economic analysis and sector-level market analysis in coordination with eToro’s Market Analysts, Communication Teams and Chief Investment Officer, to provide eToro’s clients with professional market insights and updates.
This position presents an opportunity to grow in the fintech industry and be an integral part of eToros’ Investment Team.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee the go-to-market strategy of eToro’s market analysis considering company/team targets and goals.
- Act as the global spokesperson representing eToro’s market views and analysis both internally and externally.
- Work in the trading department, within the Investment Team, helping to retain and grow the Assets-Under-Management/Administration (AUM/AUA) of eToro’s Investment Offering[.
- Sync with eToro’s internal and external analysts on the company’s market narrative.
- Provide global PR regular market updates (daily/weekly) and work with the Global PR team to undertake media interviews including broadcast.
- Work with eToro’s content editor in providing video content, such as market updates/webinars and collaboration with 3rd parties.
- Ensure that timely and relevant content reaches the eToro end user both via client facing departments and automation teams.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a financial services institution/fintech company analysing the markets and providing market content.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in finance, economics or a related field.
- A strong knowledge of financial markets and a day-to-day passion and enthusiasm for current affairs.
- Ability to analyse financial markets both from a technical and fundamental perspective.
- Strong media relations experience
- Strong knowledge of multiple types of asset classes and long-term investment instruments such as index/mutual funds.
- Familiarity/Experience with financial market software such as Bloomberg/Reuters etc
- Understand the needs/requirements of global retail investors
- Fluent English, both written and spoken and the ability to make complex information easily digestible and relevant to a retail audience
- Have a ‘can do approach” attitude, be performance driven and results oriented.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, communication and people skills along with the ability to prioritize under pressure.
- Can work both independently and collaboratively to execute large projects and daily routines.
- Have strong attention to detail.
It will also be nice if you have:
- Established media profile/relationships with key global media titles
- Familiar with the finTech industry and emerging financial trends such as blockchain.
- CFA or regulatory qualifications (FCA/EU) a strong benefit
- 2nd degree in Economics or further relevant qualifications
- A 2nd language would also be of benefit.