Flare has announced that all eligible holders of XRP will be given Spark tokens. Please see eToro’s eligibility requirements for the Spark distribution below.
eToro will support the Spark distribution for fully verified XRP-holding users of eToro trading platform and eToroX crypto exchange, who meet the eligibility requirements defined below.
How will it work?
A global “snapshot” of XRP holders will be taken by Flare on December 12, 2020 at a time which will be decided by Flare. According to the information contained within this snapshot, eligible XRP holders will be entitled to receive XRP proportional to their balance on the date of the snapshot.
Important note: The date of the Spark token distribution has yet to be announced and is subject to the discretion and other requirements which may be imposed on us by Flare. It may therefore take some time for the tokens to be released and distributed to eligible users.
What can eToro’s and eToroX’s XRP users expect?
It is important to note that the timing of the Spark token distribution will be entirely subject to Flare and their considerations. eToro is currently engaged in evaluating how it will support the Spark token. Our participation in its distribution does not necessarily indicate that we will be listing the Spark token on any of the eToro platforms.
Below are the eligibility requirements that eToro trading platform and eToroX crypto exchange users must meet to be able to receive Spark tokens:
1. Users must be holding the XRP tokens consecutively between 00:00 GMT on 11.12.2020, and 00:00 GMT on 13.12.2020. This is to ensure that their holdings are included in Flare’s snapshot on December 12. XRP tokens that are pending deposit or withdrawal at the time of the snapshot will not be counted towards a user’s XRP balance. The eToro records at the moment of the snapshot will be regarded as conclusive evidence.
2. The snapshot will NOT include XRP leveraged positions, CFD positions, short positions, CopyTrade positions or CopyPortfolios, or all cross transactions of XRP with other cryptoassets and/or with currency or such transactions otherwise classified as CFD in the trading platform. Furthermore, XRP holdings in the eToro wallet account will not be included for participation in the snapshot.
3. Holders of XRP in eToro Wallet are NOT eligible.
4. Users must be fully verified, both at the time that the snapshot is taken, and at the time of the Spark distribution.
5. The Spark token distribution program supported by eToro is subject to all regulatory requirements, and may be accompanied by further terms, as applicable to eligible users and the mechanics of the distribution.