Technical Project Manager
We are seeking a technical project manager to join our team of soon-to-be 12 software developers, project managers, DevOps engineers and affiliated academics, in Copenhagen. The Labs team is a blockchain incubator conducting where we research, experiment and build new products for the future of finance.
Life at eToroX Labs
We are a diverse team with different backgrounds, some of us have an academic specialization at the level of a master’s degree, Ph.D. and Postdoc - others are experienced in product development or work as full stack developers.
You will be connected to the danish offices in Copenhagen, at the South Campus of the University of Copenhagen (KUA) and will have ample opportunity to work from home as well.
We have a relaxed and informal atmosphere on our team and believe that task-ownership and intrinsic motivation is key, in producing superior products. We work primarily on a project-oriented basis, in which we value clear and transparent communication. For this reason, we appreciate applicants who are ready and capable to take initiative and end-to-end responsibility.
Due to the innovative and research-based nature of our work, you will work side-by-side with software developers, product managers and academics and produce solutions at the bleeding edge of financial technologies. Our work covers a wide range of topics, from building and supporting the integration of institutional-grade trading infrastructure to designing and deploying novel DeFi architecture. Working at eToroX Labs tends to be research intensive and thus requires the ability to absorb and apply large quantities of new knowledge, while occasionally running fast towards ambitious deadlines.
We are closely connected to the Department of Computer Science at the University of Copenhagen, ITU and Copenhagen Business School and occasionally publish the results of our work in leading journals and conference proceedings. If you have considered a PhD, Postdoc or similar research position in the area of distributed financial architecture, decentralized financial applications or the equivalent, we are happy to help you towards this goal. For eligible candidates, we have the opportunity to apply for an industrial PhD or Postdoc program as an extension of your employment, through which you will gain academic credentials while carrying out your work at eToroX Labs.
As a Technical Project Manager at eToroX labs, you will be faced with a broad set of challenges. A typical week might take you through the following tasks:
- Coordinating daily development on key projects for the organization's crypto strategy with a team of eight developers with various backgrounds and specialties.
- Bringing clarity, structure and transparency to work, by maintaining the mid-high level overview of the project scope, general objectives, deliveries and dependencies.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to conduct in-depth effort estimations and analysis of both technical and operational dependencies in the implementation of new staking and DeFi products.
- Managing expectations and building consensus amongst internal and external stakeholders to whom the technically complex project you are presenting is brand new and may require careful explanation and multiple follow-up’s.
- Leading the maintenance and proper documentation of a growing catalog of active, revenue generating projects by keeping all relevant stakeholders in the loop on recent challenges and developments.
- Leading the constant quest towards operational excellence by addressing inefficient or needlessly manual processes by liaising internally with team-members on opportunities for automation and overall improvements.
- Pushing for data-centricity by leading the active monitoring, alerting and post-fact analytical efforts to improve incidence response capacity and identify potential efficiency improvements to staking and DeFi products.
- Contribute to a friendly and open atmosphere (we often have team nights and go out for burgers and beers after work).
To excel as a Technical Project Manager at eToroX Labs, the following qualifications and characteristics are preferred:
- Relevant experience in managing research-driven mid-to-large scale R&D projects with high degrees of technical execution risk, due to the novelty of the technology (experience does not have to be industry specific, but understanding of the financial industries is appreciated).
- Experience in the application of relevant project and product management framework within the agile and scrum disciplines. We believe that a procedure is only as good as the underlying process that it reflects. For this reason, we do not follow frameworks religiously, but look for ways to build lean processes that fit our workflow.
- A problem-solving attitude and the natural ability to create structure, clarity and bring great energy to meetings and daily work with team-members and external stakeholders alike.
- A passion for cloud computing, distributed computing and blockchain-related technologies.
- Motivating and ability to work independently with the ability and desire to rapidly build competencies and acquire new knowledge.
- A rigorous and methodological approach to problem-solving/
- Strong English communication skills for spoken, written and visual presentation of technically complex projects.
- Social personality and enjoyment from working with a host of people from different backgrounds. I.e. the natural ability to build consensus with a smile, even in challenging situations.
The following resources are not required, but appreciated:
- Previous experience or knowledge of staking operations is not required.
- Experience with finance and trading systems
Experience as a technical project manager within any of the following areas is appreciated:
- Kubernetes and Helm
- Google Cloud Solutions
- ELK Stack
- Staking Operations
eToro is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and place of work. We celebrate and support our differences, for the benefit of our employees, our community and the products that we build.