NOC Shift Lead
NOC Shift Lead
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day shift management in the NOC.
As the Shift lead of the NOC team, you will help with defining and developing operating procedures for a 24x7 NOC.
You will supervise and coordinate the activities of the NOC team during shifts, in order to deliver outstanding quality and service to our customers in compliance with SLA requirements.
The ideal Shift Lead will bring a combination of hands-on management and knowledge and experience in fast-paced, and should be proficient with NOC concepts and practices.
As a NOC Shift Lead you will be:
Responsible for managing and coordinating the shift in the NOC team.
The NOC shift Lead must keep upper management informed about what is happening in the organization concerning networking.
NOC Shift Lead oversees the work of shift to ensure that system requirements have been properly implemented and procedures carefully followed.
Primarily deals with users, customers, vendors, engineers, R&D and the whole technical team.
Coordinates the duty shift table for the NOC operations and carefully allocates staff members (NOC engineers)
on different shift duties for ensuring the whole NOC shift works in an efficient and effective manner.
To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance.
Monitor and support the company's production infrastructure, systems, and applications.
Understanding processes, event management and prioritization.
Define, create and implement monitoring solutions.
Identify and verify service impact to customers, and dispatch subject matter experts in support of problem resolution.
Effectively lead troubleshooting efforts during outage bridges
- 1 year experience in managing shift in NOC team / SRE Team/ Help- Desk team / Sys Admin / any other relative IT field
- 2 years of experience in the NOC field - Knowledge of setting server up (Windows\Linux) - a must
- Experience in personnel and shift coordination and management and daily reports on shift operations and issues handled/escalated.
- Experienced and proficient with troubleshooting techniques and problem-solving in a 24x7x365 production environment.
- Monitoring system (general knowledge of the world of monitoring and control), familiarity with monitoring tools and infrastructure like - splunk, nagios,
- Kubernetes - experience with one of these systems is - Big advantage
- Person who has background + certifications in CCNA, MCSA, MCITP, etc.
- Familiarity with scripts (Powershell, Bash)
- Willingness to take shifts (morning 08:00:-17:00, evening 11:00 - 20:00) and On-Call rotation at off work hours (be valid on phone), as well as there is a
- rotation for Friday morning shift between all the NOC team.
- English at a very high level written and speaking - a must
- Excellent interpersonal communication ability
- Ability to multi-task, fast learner, good analytical skills, self-learner, and Service Orientation.
Ability to work under pressure in a 24x7 production environment
**shift hours might change in the future