Communications Lead - GoodDollar.org
eToro is a multi-asset investment platform that empowers people to grow their knowledge and wealth as part of a global community of successful investors. eToro was founded with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. Today, we are a global community of more than 24 million registered users who share their investment strategies; and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real time, and transact whenever they want.
GoodDollar.org is the leading project at the intersection of crypto and social impact, and the first non-profit protocol to leverage decentralized finance to deliver a crypto basic income to anyone with a smartphone. The past few months the GoodDollar POC used smart contracts to create and distribute over $16,000 of free currency to over 220,000 people in 181 countries (based on $58k DAI staked in Compound). 80,000 of our members are daily active users coming to the GoodDollar app every day (from across Southeast Asia, Nigeria, Argentina, Colombia, etc), ranking it in the top 10 of ALL Dapps by daily active users, of all dapps, across all blockchains. And the tokenomics has proven to work too - G$ holders enjoy a 60% APY with stability of 0.1% variation, making it a medium of exchange more stable than most fiat currencies in unstable economies. GoodDollar is more than a protocol, it is a movement.
As the Head of Communications, you’ll own all initiatives for advancing GoodDollar protocol, communities, and the broader ecosystem and adoption efforts. You’ll lead global brand marketing and creative strategies for all external communications, including the website, PR, blog, research, social media, conference management, speaking appearances, and more. You will be behind GoodDollar’s public brand, and a key member of the Foundation’s leadership team to strategize, design, and execute the communications strategy for the GoodDollar community, globally.
- Create a compelling brand message and thought leadership point of view; shape the global narrative around GoodDollar’s potential, the smart contracts and global impact
- Develop and execute a world-class media strategy that shares the GoodDollar story across the international business, crypto, social impact, and mainstream press
- Partner with our PR agency to drive meaningful coverage across press, podcast, video and other media
- Oversee all external communications including GoodDollar product launches and third party ecosystem announcements with partners, projects, node operators, integrators, users, etc.
- Create and execute a comprehensive global content strategy; collaborate with Community lead to strategize localized content across various geographies
- Oversee a wide range of content creation including use cases, social media, press releases, media pitches, and all other materials required to support communications, growth and public relations
- Oversee social media strategy and messaging (Twitter, etc.)
- Manage speaking opportunities at conferences and other in-person events
- Develop a crisis communications practice and playbook
- Build and lead a team of exceptional communications professionals, including writers, videographers, press agencies, social media, event organizers and assorted producers
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and storytelling skills to express messages concisely and compellingly
- Demonstrated ability to understand a complex technical subject matter and to simplify and explain it to a range of different audiences
- Confidence working in a fast-paced environment; ability to deliver a quality product under time-bound and high stakes circumstances
- Proven track record of building long-term, beneficial relationships with media and analysts
- Experience successfully managing agencies, clients and/or direct reports
- Experience with crisis communications in similar industries; crafting crisis communication strategies and successful implementation/execution when applicable
- Experience working with audience bases in multiple languages
- Experience working on developer tools, technical products, and open-source a plus
- Ability to keep up to date with the latest news and discoveries in the blockchain and technology space
- Passion for the blockchain space and its power to change the world for the better
Fully open-source project
Remote role with flexible hours that fit your life and schedule.
Social Impact project with the potential to change the world (really!)
Highly influential role in the hottest market, on a small team of experts