Head of Compliance
eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading and machine-learning-powered investment products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and manage the Risk and Compliance framework under the company’s AFSL.
- Monitor and oversee regulatory development, particularly related to MIS and relevant to the activities of eToro in Australia;
- Inform relevant decision makers of relevant legal/regulatory updates;
- Communication with / reporting to ASIC;
- Compliance monitoring: quarterly review of all company operations in line with the regulatory guidelines AND audit findings;
- Oversee and approve any verification-related training, particularly related to MIS;
- Create reports for senior management and external stakeholders;
- Ensure the company has appropriate structure / governance to which ASIC is notified;
- Cooperate with the Product and Ops team to ensure the compliance function has the necessary reports required for ongoing monitoring;
- Report directly to the Board.
- Perform annual risk assessment.
- Update local policies and procedures to reflect current regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and approve any marketing materials
- Supervise the AML Compliance Function, especially for client onboarding and verification.
- Maintain the company’s legal documents (PDS, T&C’s) in conjunction with the Legal Department.
- Ensure the Product and Ops team provide the necessary reports required for ongoing compliance monitoring.
- Ensure all compliance and governance matters are escalated to senior management and to the Compliance Committee.
- Implement Committee and Board decisions as required.
- Previous MIS experience – minimum 3 years
- Academic Degree – Finance or Legal desired
- Previous job experience in a related field – minimum 3 years
- Extensive knowledge and experience with MIFID directives & ASIC regulations
- Open to creative solutions & business innovation; a team player
- Strong communication and presentation skills; must be comfortable to communicate with the senior management and the regulator
- Strong verbal skills
- Exposure to a variety of projects to expand your skillset.
- A flexible workplace where work-life balance is actively promoted.
- A professional, supportive and friendly culture.