AML & Operations Specialist
eToroX a company registered and licensed in Gibraltar is part of theToro Group of companies, one of the world's leading trading networks; offering clients a regulated wallet and Xchange platforms.
The candidate will report to eToroX Operations Manager and will be responsible for the setting up and implementation of various activities and methodologies in AML, KYC, Risk and Payments to support and enhance our customer experience while keeping in line with local and international regulations and AML requirements.
As part of a multi skilled operational team you will be required to contribute to all aspects of our operation: Payments, Risk, KYC, AML and other day to day activities required to provide exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
- Design and implement internal procedures and controls relevant to the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Design and monitor anti money laundering policies and procedures of the company in line with the GFSC regulatory requirements
- Design and implement the training programs for AML & CTF for the staff
- Lead the dynamic implementation of the regulatory requirements in the client on boarding process & verification
- Monitor and document of unusual activity or AML flags
- Investigate suspicious activity using all appropriate sources of information and make appropriate recommendations
- Investigate and take decisions on the outcome of our risk system alerts
- Develop and maintain risk awareness to ensure risk issues and opportunities are recognised and reported through line management
- Support MLRO in all required activities and responsibilities
- Review the various KYC processes and procedures with a focus on
- compliance, growth, on-going changes to the regulatory environment to ensure all controls are met whilst ensuring a smooth customer experience.
- Support Corporate clients onboarding process and assure positive customer experience and ongoing communication during the process. Liaise with MLRO, OPS manager and Business Development and Corporate Clients as a single point of contact.
- Review transactions and client activity with the aim of quickly responding to customer requests while minimising the financial risk to the business
- Create useful strategies and techniques that will help to strengthen these sections of the company and make them more durable against any future fraudulent activities
- Analyse and Identify fraud patterns
- Monitor and manage customer deposits, failed deposits, withdrawals, Chargebacks and wallet balances on a daily basis.
- Funds reconciliation and support of financial activities
- Make effective use of data and BI systems to identify and rectify any shortfall in the automated and manual processes and to report internally and externally
- Perform additional tasks as required by the Operations Manager.
An independent, proactive self-starter with the initiative and drive to undertake autonomous learning, consequently keen to share gained knowledge with the team
- Previous experience in AML/Auditing/ KYC/ Compliance / Risk Management / Legal
- Knowledge and experience in Cryptocurrency activity and available monitoring tools-advantage
- Good knowledge of domestic and international AML/CFT legislation
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations
- Strong communication and presentation skills; must be comfortable to communicate with senior management and regulators
- Detail orientated, analytical with hands-on experience with BI systems and reporting
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Fluent English (both oral and written communication)