We are seeking a Staking/DevOps engineer to join our team of soon-to-be 12 software developers, project managers, DevOps engineers and affiliated academics, in Copenhagen. The Labs team is a blockchain incubator conducting where we research, experiment and build new products for the future of finance.
Life at eToroX Labs
We are a diverse team with different backgrounds, some of us have an academic specialization at the level of a master’s degree, Ph.D. and Postdoc - others are experienced in product development or work as full stack developers.
You will be connected to the danish offices in Copenhagen, at the South Campus of the University of Copenhagen (KUA) and will have ample opportunity to work from home as well.
We have a relaxed and informal atmosphere on our team and believe that task-ownership and intrinsic motivation is key, in producing superior products. We work primarily on a project-oriented basis, in which we value clear and transparent communication. For this reason, we appreciate applicants who are ready and capable to take initiative and end-to-end responsibility.
Due to the innovative and research-based nature of our work, you will work side-by-side with software developers, product managers and academics and produce solutions at the bleeding edge of financial technologies. Our work covers a wide range of topics, from building and supporting the integration of institutional-grade trading infrastructure to designing and deploying novel DeFi architecture. Working at eToroX Labs tends to be research intensive and thus requires the ability to absorb and apply large quantities of new knowledge, while occasionally running fast towards ambitious deadlines.
We are closely connected to the Department of Computer Science at the University of Copenhagen, ITU and Copenhagen Business School and occasionally publish the results of our work in leading journals and conference proceedings. If you have considered a PhD, Postdoc or similar research position in the area of distributed financial architecture, decentralized financial applications or the equivalent, we are happy to help you towards this goal. For eligible candidates, we have the opportunity to apply for an industrial PhD or Postdoc program as an extension of your employment, through which you will gain academic credentials while carrying out your work at eToroX Labs.
As a Staking and DevOps Engineer at eToroX labs, you will be faced with a broad number of challenges on a daily basis. Your work would typically involve the following.
- Implement and extend new staking products, both in terms of operation and development.
- Maintain existing staking infrastructure and implementations.
- Monitor staking operations and look for inefficiencies and ways to improve them.
- Support the RnD team as a DevOps engineer
- Contribute to a friendly and open atmosphere, we often have team nights and go for burgers together after work
To excel as a Staking and DevOps Engineer at eToroX Labs, the following qualifications and characteristics are preferred.
It’s not required to have previous experience or knowledge of staking. However, it’s expected that it’s of an interest and that you are motivated to acquire such knowledge.
- Experience with or interest in finance and trading systems
- A passion for distributed computing and blockchain-related technologies
- Strong proven DevOps experience
- Motivating and ability to work independently with the ability and desire to rapidly build competencies and acquire new knowledge
- A rigorous and methodological approach to problem-solving
- Experience with Blockchain/DLT is a plus
- Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Social personality and enjoys working with others
Experience in any of the following areas is appreciated:
- Kubernetes and Helm
- Google Cloud Solutions
- ELK Stack
- Jenkins / Pagerduty / Prometheus
- Staking Operations
eToro is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and place of work. We celebrate and support our differences, for the benefit of our employees, our community and the products that we build.