Compliance Operations Manager
eToro is a multi-asset investment platform that empowers people to grow their knowledge and wealth as part of a global community of successful investors. eToro was founded with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. Today, we are a global community of more than 24 million registered users who share their investment strategies; and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real time, and transact whenever they want.
What We Need:
We're looking for a Compliance Operations Manager who will contribute to our compliance leadership with anti-money laundering, consumer and state money transmission regulations and broker dealer experience. Specific skills around database building, analytics, SQL, etc. is desired.
This position is critical for the continued success of our experienced and agile Compliance team. The Compliance Operations Manager will support the compliance needs of all our eToro US businesses which includes the Broker Dealer, Advisory, Crypto and our AML program. In addition, the role will serve as an SME and contributor to our risk oversight obligations including, but not limited to risk management with the use of data and analytics, helping stand up a risk management capability for the US, coordinating and providing information for internal audits and regulators when needed, help mature our testing and monitoring program, maturing our compliance analytics capabilities, closely working with US & Global cyber SME, etc. The Compliance Operations Manager should be well rooted in the regulatory community staying apprised of regulatory obligations. On a day-to-day basis you will be a key member of the eToro US compliance management team helping make decisions and shaping compliance strategy to help grow the business while complying with our regulatory obligations. Given the wide support model of this role it is also preferred if this individual also had, or obtains, FINRA Licenses 7, 66 and potentially 24.
What you'll be doing:
This role requires strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to train, monitor and provide regular updates to the US Compliance group, the US Management team, the US Board of Directors and other key stakeholders regarding risk and compliance of the US business.
As the Compliance Operations Manager, you will:
- Serve as a key resource for the US CCO in framing US compliance strategy and policy.
- Set the strategy and execution of the data analytics needs of the Compliance team working with the leadership of the compliance team and global compliance partners.
- Identify and implement areas of improvement in compliance processes informed by data and analytics.
- Act as a liaison between Compliance and the BI team for all internal data requirements, audit requirements, regulatory inquiries and risk assessments.
- Lead critical aspects of the compliance program and design and implement key processes.
- Partner with the Trading and Operations departments to fulfill their compliance analytics and optimization needs including fraud analytics, trading analytics, Best Ex matters, etc.
- Work with Operations, Finance and Customer Experience teams to ensure cross functional compliance requirements are delivered.
- Collaborate, manage where applicable, with other compliance officers within your own organization and compliance partners in the global division.
- Help identify existing potential areas of compliance vulnerability and develop/implement pragmatic corrective action plans.
- Oversee the updating and revision of compliance policies and procedures in your area.
- Help shape and design compliance training programs informed by data and analytics.
- Minimum of four years experience in compliance roles required
- Bachelor's degree required
- CAMS or equivalent certification desired
- Knowledge of key U.S. State money transmitter regulations and FinCEN reporting requirements
- Have, or obtain, FINRA Licenses 7, 66 and potentially 24
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed analytics and reporting
- Strong SQL, database mining, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to represent the Company in its communications with the FinCEN, Auditors, Banks, SEC, FINRA and other regulatory and business partners working with the CCO
- Ability to respond to inquiries from governmental agencies & SROs working with the CCO
- Ability to report a summary of detected risks to the Company’s US leadership & Board of Directors
- Experience with consumer protection, securities, and advisory laws and regulations
- Strong collaboration skills across a wide range of stakeholders