Reporting on a day-to-day functional basis to the UK AML Officer and based in our Canary Wharf office, the AML Analyst will be the escalation point for our outsourced Operations Teams for all AML related queries. They will join a small team in a rapidly expanding business that is enjoying huge year on year growth. The role has a broad remit and the successful applicant should be comfortable handling escalations related to KYC (natural persons and corporates), transaction monitoring and enhanced due diligence for clients worldwide.
- Seek continuous improvement to streamline AML processes and achieve industry best practice in all AML-related activities;
- Advise operational teams on escalations in line with the expectations of JMLSG and ensure compliance with FCA regulations;
- Be comfortable reviewing corporate documentation and being the first decision maker in the onboarding flow;
- Assist with customer due diligence, including the oversight and monitoring of functions performed by other group companies on behalf of the Company;
- Investigations of suspicious activities and suspicious transactions and orders;
- Be comfortable in the writing and submitting of SARs and the review of ISARs;
- Be comfortable handling law enforcement and data requests and liaising directly with law enforcement officials and the National Crime Agency; and
- Assist in the documentation of internal controls, policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have previously worked within a regulatory environment, ideally as a generalist, with experience of a wide range of the AML remit – including client onboarding, transaction monitoring, client screening, SARs, PEPs, etc.
The preferred candidate is articulate, numerate and can grasp complex concepts with ease, all of which whilst working within a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Priorities often change at the last minute and sometimes, information is required at short notice. You must be comfortable working in this kind of environment.
The candidate should be educated to university degree level. Due to the global nature of the business, additional languages are advantageous but not essential.