Oded’s Community Service
Hello eToro Users,
My name is Oded and I manage the eToro network, AKA OpenBook. Starting today, I will post here on a weekly basis updates from eToro OB.
Since this is my 1st post, I would like to give you all some background on what eToro is all about, where we are at, and where we want to be.
eToro’s vision is to become the first global market place for all people to invest and manage their funds in a simple and transparent way.
Enjoyment, Daring, Innovative, Simple & Open
You are probably asking yourself, why am I sharing this with you? The answer is simple.
Everything we do at eToro we do for eToro users!
Our Holy Grail and raison d’être is to make eToro users profitable!
Now, I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes and snickering at that; I have seen several posts on the OB saying that eToro wants you to lose. This cannot be further from the truth!
CopyTrader was invented in order to help EVERYONE profit from the financial market and enjoy the wisdom of the crowd, as recently proved in research conducted by MIT which proves that Social Trading Works!
Needless to say it is still up to each and every one of you to find the right Gurus and replace them when needed.
On my next blog post I will continue by explaining who is a Guru, what makes him a Guru and hopefully answer everything you ever wanted to know about the eToro Guru program.
But for now I want to give you last week’s summary from the OB: (BTW, an almost identical version is being sent to eToro Management.)
However I must open with the following disclaimer:
Important disclosure – I’m an Employee of eToro Group; I’m trading independently in my own account, for my own educational and commercial purposes. I have no unique knowledge of or advantage over any other trader(s) in the platform. eToro Group Limited does not and will not have or take any responsibility to any losses or trading decisions made by imitating or following me.
- eToro Community Agents are posting on some of the new traders’ profiles in order to refer them to the hottest walls and discussions
- Many users would like to have better explanations of how some of our products work
- Some Traders choose to raise issues on their OB walls; we will be able to service them much better it they will contact eToro Customer Service directly
- Several Gurus mentioned how much they are pleased with the service they are getting!
- Many users asked about MT4 and if eToro would offer it, I would like to use this stage and will shortly address this question, however in the meantime consider this observation – comparing MT4 to eToro is like comparing MS DOS to Windows!
- Each and every week our community agents are gathering all of the feedbacks you posted and create a weekly feedback report.
In a few weeks’ time I’ll add a link to survey for you to participate and choose the most important feedback to you
- Guru performance over the last week was very challenging. Many lost money and lost copiers.
- Many of the Gurus were under attack from the eToro community. THIS IS NOT COOL!
These guys are trying their best. They trade for themselves, too, remember. When a trade goes against them and you, talk to them, ask questions or detach your trade if you feel you do not wish to continue copying that specific trade. Attacking them publicly on their wall will not help you or them.
- Since several Gurus suffered losses, there were many discussions that asked eToro to change the eligibility for the Gurus, as well as to make them trade in one way or another, see this post for example. The same discussion exists internally, as well; my approach (which I’ll explain in next week’s post) is that we need to let the Openbook ecosystem work and focus on presenting better relevant data for users to base their decisions upon.
- With all that happened over the last 2-3 weeks pawelskrzypek managed to maintain his profits!
- Over the last few weeks, we witnessed several newcomers you should all meet as one of them might be the next big thing!
sikhamoni: 117 copiers and 20 e-Copiers
thesizzle: 107 copiers and 24 e-Copiers
pawelskrzypek: 98 copiers and 21 e-Copiers
waleed0987: (-1061) copiers and (-282) e-Copiers
Guru Payment – The estimated Payment for the month of May as of today is: $58,350 to 52 Gurus.
This week, a “new user” joined us which generated a lot of work for our moderation team. BTW – this user demands a lot of new features from eToro.
One more thing: I hope these weekly blog posts will give you a better understanding of what eToro is trying to build for you. However, we cannot do it without you and your feedback is very important to us!
Please comment, tell me what else you want me to write about and ask other eToro users to do the same.
I wish you all a profitable week,