For more than a decade, eToro has been a leader in the global Fintech revolution. It is the world’s leading social trading network, with more than 6 million registered users and an array of innovative trading and investing instruments.
- Jan2007eToro is bornThree entrepreneurs set out to disrupt the world of trading. Their mission: To make trading accessible to anyone, anywhere, and reduce dependency on traditional financial institutions.
- Jan2007Visual FX trading platformThe first iteration of eToro: An online trading platform that makes trading easy to understand, and even fun, using graphic representations for various financial instruments.
- Jan2009WebTradereToro launches its cutting-edge, intuitive trading platform, enabling anyone, anywhere to trade financial assets online. WebTrader included professional tools for both beginner and advanced traders.
- Jan2011OpenBookThe world’s first social trading platform. Enabling anyone in the world to join the Fintech revolution by copying other successful traders using the innovative CopyTrader™ feature. The platform attracted global attention, winning Finovate Europe Best of Show for 2011.
- Jan2012Introducing stocksAlongside commodities, currencies and other assets on eToro, a wide selection of stocks were added (and is ever-growing), enabling traders to diversify their portfolios even further and by investing in the global stock market.
- Jan2013The eToro mobile appBoth WebTrader and OpenBook made available via a handy mobile app. Using their Apple or Android smartphone, clients could perform any action on the platform on the go.
- Jan2015The new eToroIntegrating both WebTrader’s online trading capabilities and OpenBook’s social trading features into one intuitive and innovative interface.
- Jan2016Introducing CopyFundsA brand new long-term thematic investment product. CopyFunds are managed portfolios that bundle Top Traders or various assets under a predetermined market strategy. Most CopyFunds are driven by powerful machine-learning engines which aim to generate a maximum return at any given time.
- Jan2017Adding CryptocurrenciesAfter pioneering Bitcoin trading in 2013 via CFDs, eToro expanded its cryptocurrency offering, enabling clients to trade and invest in Ethereum, XRP (by Ripple Labs), Litecoin, and other popular cryptocurrencies.