Cloud FinOps Engineer
The Cloud FinOps engineer oversees the Cloud budget and is responsible for optimization of our cloud solutions costs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic multi-tasker who will work well with others as well as on their own initiatives.
You will promote the FinOps principles which are a combination of systems, best practices, and culture designed to increase our company’s ability to understand cloud costs and manage trade-offs.
The successful applicant for this position will be a person with relevant experience, highly motivated and a team player.
- Analyze, optimize, and implement cost optimization actions over our cloud services (Azure).
- Work with architects and developers to design new services in the most cost-efficient way
- Collaborate with the development and finance teams is order to optimize our cost
- Implement and manage automated tools in order to identify and optimize cost trends
- Create metrics, reports, and recommended remediation plans for financial excellence in the cloud
- At least 1-2 years experience as a FinOps Engineer or equivalent
- Proven analytical skills and experience with cost optimization in a cloud environment (Azure is an advantage)
- Deep understanding of architecture, Networking, and Cloud infrastructure
- Proven experience in a production environment
- DevOps experience, Monitoring and scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Bash)
- Proven experience navigating complex data sets and pull out insights
- Communication, collaboration & relationship building skills.