Pablo is a software engineer from Spain, who recently marked his first anniversary on eToro. He trades stocks and ETF’s, conducting about 2 trades per week and keeping positions open for 6 weeks on average. He recommends copying him for at least 6 months and copying open trades.
Read more about Pablo’s investment strategy and see his trading activity here:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself
My name is Pablo, I am 33 years old, and I am an IT Engineer, although my real passion is the financial markets.
- Did you have previous experience with financial investments before joining eToro?
Yes, I have been investing for about 5 years. I started as a beginner, and at first, I did not do very well since I invested without having any knowledge. Little by little I have been learning, researching and reading trading books to get investment ideas in order to develop several strategies that I am currently pursuing.
- Why did you choose to join eToro?
Because I was curious about trading on a social platform.
- What are the three key benefits of using eToro?
1) Without a doubt, the main advantage is social trading. It is an opportunity for a beginner investor to examine the strategies of other traders and how they operate, as well as copy trade. eToro has a great number of Popular Investors, and the information is very transparent so you can see and research their statistics and also communicate with the actual investors who manage it.
2) The simplicity of the platform makes trading very intuitive and allows you to easily make your investments and search for the instruments in which you want to invest.
3) Another important advantage is the large number of assets that eToro has available, plus you can now trade real stocks and ETFs, which I think is a very important development.
- How has eToro changed the way you trade?
Not that anything has changed in my strategy, but it is interesting to see how other popular investors manage their portfolios, from which you can always learn something. Another thing I find very interesting to see is the positive market sentiment throughout eToro, considering the great number of users it has.
- What is your trading strategy and what does it focus on?
My strategy consists of several medium and long-term trading strategies, so I always recommend to anyone interested in copying me to stay for several months at least to see results. One of the main qualities that I think you have to have in investing is patience.
The only discretionary point in my investments occurs when there are signs of a bear market, at which time I would begin to reduce the positions I have. The main strategy I use is stock trading, which focuses on selecting those stocks with greater momentum. Momentum is considered one of the few anomalies in the market. It is based on the inertia of stocks that have risen the most during the last month in a stable manner, that is, with little volatility. Another part of my strategy is using ETFs, which is a product that I have seen few people use on the eToro platform, but it seems to be one of the best investment products there is, since it allows you to be invested in a basket of stocks, sectors or even indexes, and therefore achieving greater diversification. I use sector, index and bond ETFs.
- What are the benefits of being a Popular Investor and what is your long-term goal as one?
The Popular Investor program is a great opportunity to obtain a benefit for both the Popular Investor and the copier. In the world of the stock market there are plenty of “gurus” and courses that take your money without you being able to analyse if they are really profitable, which in eToro’s case does not happen since you can deeply analyse the Popular Investor before making a decision, and even ask them all your questions. Also for the copier, once they have decided to copy, they simply have to wait and let time pass.
My main objective is to achieve good results in the long-term and provide others with the opportunity to participate in my strategies. One of my priorities is to keep the risk level low, since I believe it is the most important aspect of the investment if you want to be stable and obtain results in the long-term. For me, trading is something very serious, which I think you have to dedicate a lot of time and effort.
- What are your hobbies?
I really like sports, like going for a run or playing soccer. And in my spare time, I also like to read trading books and research new ideas for my investments.
Your capital is at risk. This is not investment advice. Past performance does not guarantee future results.