Certain eToro entities provide eligible customers with free insurance purchased from Lloyd’s of London, one of the world’s leading providers of specialist insurance, giving coverage of up to 1 million euros or AUD (depending on the region).
The free insurance is only available for Platinum Plus and Diamond Club customers of eToro (Europe) Ltd. and eToro AUS Capital Limited.
- The insurance covers claims of eligible clients suffering losses due to the unlikely event of eToro’s insolvency and in case of an Event of Misconduct (as defined in the applicable policy).
- The insurance covers: (i) up to 1 million euros or AUD (depending on the regulated entity); (ii) up to the aggregate limit purchased by eToro; and (iii) subject to an excess amount (as defined per applicable policy).
- Must exceed an initial amount of 20,000 euros or AUD.
- The insurance covers cash, all CFD positions, and securities. Note that REAL cryptocurrency positions are not covered by the insurance, as set in the applicable policy.
Three Layers of Protection
In the unlikely event of an eToro insolvency, eligible clients* of eToro (Europe) Ltd. and eToro AUS Capital Limited have three layers of protection.
- In case of insolvency, the assigned liquidator will manage eToro’s assets and money distribution among its clients, if applicable.
- Regulatory protection: For clients of eToro (Europe) Ltd. (regulated by CySEC), certain regulatory schemes apply (ICF), which compensate clients in the event of insolvency and a shortfall of client funds of up to $20K.
- Private insurance: Provided by Lloyd’s of London, this investment insurance policy covers losses suffered due to insolvency, subject to an excess amount, and up to 1 million euros/AUD per client* as described above.
* The free insurance is only available for Platinum + and Diamond Club customers of eToro (Europe) Ltd. and eToro AUS Capital Limited.
eToro Investment Insurance — Frequently Asked Questions
Which products are covered by the insurance policy?
Who does the insurance cover?
Does it have an expiry date?
When will the insurance be triggered?
How does eToro hold my money?
eToro offers additional services, such as:
Your Funds are Kept in a Segregated Account
eToro’s top priority is to keep its clients, and their funds, safe and secure. For this reason, every penny deposited by a client is held in a separate, segregated account. This means that even in the highly unlikely event of eToro’s insolvency, your funds will be safe.
FREE $100K Demo Account
Explore the simplicity and ease-of-use of the eToro platform with a FREE $100,000 demo account. Open and close trades, build your virtual portfolio with 0% commission stocks, crypto and other asset classes, and hone your trading and investment skills.
Terms and Conditions apply. For more information, please refer to the eToro insurance Terms and Conditions.