May 31, 2022: eToro, the social investing network, announced today that it has added six new tokens to its investment platform.
eToro users can now invest in Biconomy (BICO), FTX Token (FTT), Origin Token (OGN), Immutable X (IMX), Cartesi (CTSI) and Livepeer (LPT):
- Biconomy (BICO) is a protocol that streamlines crypto transactions by connecting users to decentralised applications on multiple chains at a low cost. BICO tokens can be used to pay for network fees and propose and vote on governance decisions.
- FTX Token (FTT) is a crypto trading platform that offers derivatives, options, futures, and leveraged tokens. FTT is the native token of the exchange and has multiple practical uses including offering holders discounted trading fees.
- Origin Token (OGN) aims to bring NFTs and DeFi to the masses through scalable peer-to-peer marketplaces built on Ethereum. OGN is the token that powers the Origin platform, and is used for staking, governance, and advertising.
- Immutable X (IMX) is a layer 21 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum that uses zero-knowledge (ZK) rollups to make transactions cheaper. IMX tokens power Immutable X, and are used for staking, governance and paying transaction fees.
- Cartesi (CTSI) enables developers to build decentralised applications using the operating system Linux. It uses optimistic rollups to perform computation off-chain. CTSI tokens are used for staking and paying data processing fees.
- Livepeer (LPT) is a decentralised video streaming network built on Ethereum that allows network participants to rent out their computing resources for a fee. LPT tokens are used for staking and paying broadcast fees.
eToro has been offering retail clients access to the crypto markets since 2013. eToro’s users can easily buy, hold and sell the real underlying assets of these cryptos. For now, these new
cryptoassets will not be available to US users.
Notes to editors:
- Layer 2 is a term used for solutions created to help scale an application by processing transactions rather than on the Ethereum blockchain (Layer 1), on top of it and in parallel while still maintaining the same security measures. These solutions can be of two kinds: optimistic rollups or ZK-rollups.
eToro is a social investment network that empowers people to grow their knowledge and wealth as part of a global community of successful investors. eToro was founded in 2007 with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. Today, eToro is a global community of more than 27 million registered users who share their investment strategies; and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real time, and transact whenever they want.
Disclaimer for UK
Cryptoassets are highly volatile and unregulated in the UK. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply.
Disclaimer for AU
Cryptoassets are unregulated & highly speculative. No consumer protection. Capital at risk.
Disclaimer for EU
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
For Germany: Crypto investing is offered by eToro (Europe) Ltd. and custody is provided by eToro Germany GmbH. Your capital is at risk.
For Spain: Investments in crypto-assets are not regulated. They may not be appropriate for retail investors and the full amount invested may be lost. It is important to read and understand the risks of this investment, which are explained in detail at this link
This communication is for information and education purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice, a personal recommendation, or an offer of, or solicitation to buy or sell, any financial instruments. This material has been prepared without taking into account any particular recipient’s investment objectives or financial situation, and has not been prepared in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements to promote independent research. Any references to past or future performance of a financial instrument, index or a packaged investment product are not, and should not be taken as, a reliable indicator of future results. eToro makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication.