eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptocurrencies, as well as trading CFD assets.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Disappointing economic data slows down Wall Street
Major US stocks and indices registered loses yesterday, following the release of a stream of negative economic reports. The NSDQ100 and the SPX500 both lost 0.4% and the DJ30 finished the day at 0.35% loss, losing just over 100 points.
25866.48 11.68 (0.05%)
Today’s highlights: Crypto market stable, Avis gains 17.5%, China50 showing gains
- Cryptocurrencies remain stable: In an industry where 3%-5% daily price movements are called “stable”, Bitcoin and all others cryptocurrencies remained just that. Bitcoin traded between $3800 and $4000, Ethereum between $141 and $145, and XRP ranged between $0.31 and $0.32.
- AUD/USD volatile again: The Australian Dollar/US Dollar currency pair continues its 13-month downward trendline – plunges 1% on fears that China will ban coal imports from Australia.
- Avis beats Q4 earnings report: The popular car rental company soared 17.5%, thanks to exceeding expectations with the Q4 earnings – $0.53 per share on $0.20 expected. Avis also reported revenue of $2.05B – in-line with the $2.05B expected.
- Gold cools off: After reaching a 10 month high of $1347 per ounce, the precious metal retraced to $1325, following higher rate concerns from the latest Fed meeting.
- Volatility expected for EUR/USD: ECB President Mario Draghi is due to deliver a speech at 15:30 GMT that could affect the strength of the Euro, as well as other businesses in Europe.
- Asia seen mixed: China50 opened the trading day with a blaze – propelling over 1.2%. The HKG50 gains 0.3% and the JPN225 loses 0.2%.
- Europe opens mixed: While the UK100 opened 0.9% points lower, other European indices remain calm – the GER30 is up 0.15%, FRA40 is down 0.06% and the ESP35 is up 0.08%.
0.7114 0.0022 (0.31%)
CARAvis Budget Group Inc
34.55 5.14 (17.48%)
1325.6 2.38 (0.18%)
1.1344 0.0011 (0.1%)
Stocks earnings releases on 25/02/2019
Earnings season continues: To follow upcoming earnings reports, go to eToro’s Earnings Reports Calendar. Please note that maximum leverage for CFD stocks will be limited to X5 one day ahead of earnings report releases. X10 leverage will be available again soon after the report is published.
* Cryptoassets are a highly volatile unregulated investment product. No EU investor protection. Your capital is at risk.
* Please note that due to market volatility, some of the prices may have already been reached and scenarios played out.
* The information above is not investment advice.