We are pleased to announce that the eToro wallet now supports XRP. For a limited period of time, no fees will be charged for both XRP wallet creation and XRP coin transfer.
To claim the free XRP wallet, just transfer XRP from your eToro account to the wallet. Your free XRP wallet address will be generated in the wallet app.
- Current minimum transfer amount is 133 XRP
- Coin transfer is available for Gold users and above in countries where the eToro Wallet is available (to check local availability, please refer to your app store).
Currently, coin transfer services are only available for users who have deposited using a wire transfer. We are working on additional payment methods.
We are also pleased to inform you that in the next few weeks, we will extend the coin transfer service to Silver users as well.
Start by downloading the eToro wallet app here, free of charge.
Why eToro wallet?
- Licensed – one of the first companies in the world to obtain a licence for cryptoassets. To read more about the Distributed Ledger License (DLT) we have recently received see here.
- Regulated – one of the very few regulated companies in the crypto space
- Simple – the product is user-friendly and enables management of multiple cryptoassets in the wallet easily
- Secure- eToro Wallet is a multisig wallet, meaning the user is not required to remember or manage private keys
- The first 25K users to open an XRP wallet will receive the wallet for free – and will not be required to pay the XRP wallet cost which is 45 XRP*
- Coin transfer is available for Gold users and above in countries where the wallet is available
- The promotion will apply until 31.1.2019
- XRP Coin transfers will incur no fees until 31.1.2019
- Blockchain fees apply when sending and receiving cryptoassets
- Note that at the end of the promotion, both XRP wallet fees and coin transfer fees will apply
- The promotion is subject to the following Terms and Conditions
For any help or guidance, please contact us.
*The 45XRP is what XRP calls the reserve. It is comprised of 20XRP base reserve and 25 XRP required to manage a multisig XRP wallet.
*XRP wallet opening costs XRPs. The 45 XRP is what the XRP blockchain calls the reserve. It is comprised of 20XRP base reserve and 25 XRP required to manage a multi-sig XRP wallet. This reserve must be held as a minimum reserve in the address and cannot be sent to other addresses.
The promoter is: eToro X, a regulated DLT provider licensed by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission under the Investments and Financial Fiduciary Services Act with licence number FSC1333B.
The wallet is provided by eToro X Limited (‘eToro X’), a limited liability company incorporated in Gibraltar with company number 116348 and with its registered office at 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.