One of the factors that deters people from getting into online investment is cost. For some reason, the idea that you need thousands of dollars to start investing is still widespread. Furthermore, investing in stocks is often perceived as an extremely complex process, which involves technical know-how and incurs hefty commissions.
Well, the reality is quite different.
Your capital is at risk. Other fees may apply.
Shifting the Paradigm
Investing isn’t easy. It requires practice, risk management, responsibility, and knowledge. However, gaining access to markets and taking your first steps is not hard. Contemporary technology and the decentralisation of finance has opened up global markets to almost anyone, anywhere.
Let’s get rid of some preconceived notions about investment:
- You don’t need a broker: Using online platforms, you can manage your own finances, pick your own stocks and create your own portfolio.
- You don’t need a bank: Today, almost anyone with an internet connection can create an account and start trading and investing in global markets.
- You don’t need to be wealthy: If you have just a few hundred dollars available, you can start building your online portfolio today.
Breaking the Commission Barrier
Many people don’t even try to invest online because they believe it involves high commissions and fees. That might be the case with some financial institutions, however, with online trading and investing platforms, such as eToro, you can eliminate that factor from the equation.
In 2019, an array of well-known online trading platforms, including Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Interactive Brokers and eToro, all shifted to 0% commission stock investment. What this means is that when you invest in a certain stock, you don’t pay any extra commission as you would with a broker or finance manager. Moreover, today’s online investment landscape enables you to carry out actions that were not available in the past, such as owning fractional shares and investing in multiple markets.
Your capital is at risk.
Accessing Global Markets
There are numerous exchanges around the world with thousands upon thousands of stocks in which you can invest. However, many beginners opt to invest in what they know, including blockbuster brands such as:
- Apple — the world’s largest publicly traded tech company, which reached a valuation of more than $2 trillion.
- Amazon — the retail and web hosting giant, which offers its services almost anywhere on the globe.
- Tesla — the electric carmaker, which recently became the highest-valued automotive company in the history of the world.
- McDonald’s — the fast-food giant whose “golden arches” can be seen in almost every country on earth.
- Facebook — the social media giant that is part of billions of people’s daily lives, through its platform, and subsidiaries, Instagram and WhatsApp.
- Disney — the entertainment behemoth that is responsible for the highest-grossing blockbusters in history, alongside numerous other media outlets and theme parks.
How to Invest With 0% Commission
Your journey towards becoming an online investor can begin in the next few minutes. All you need to do is open an account with eToro (don’t worry, signup is absolutely free), make a deposit and start investing. If you don’t want to deposit right away, you can experiment with the platform with a free $100,000 demo account, learn how to open trades and use professional-level tools to hone your online investment skills.
You don’t need a broker, you don’t need a bank, you don’t need to pay a commission — all you need is eToro.
Zero commission means that no broker fee will be charged when opening or closing the position and does not apply to short or leveraged positions. Other fees may apply. Your capital is at risk.
For more information, visit stocks.eToro.com.