An easier way to buy crypto
- Trusted by millions •
- PayPal & credit cards •
- trading tools
Trade leading cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, and more
* Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in most EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro provides investors, from beginners to experts, with a comprehensive crypto trading experience, on a powerful yet user-friendly platform
Buy cryptocurrency without deposit fees via a wide variety of payment options, including credit card and PayPal.
No deposit fees apply to deposits in USD. Other fees may apply when transacting and/or withdrawing funds. For more information, please see eToro’s pricing structure here.
Start trading crypto with confidence
Traders on eToro receive free access to the latest crypto market research & news
Customised risk management
Set Stop Loss and Take Profit parameters to suit your strategy and automatically protect your investments
Practise with $100K
Try out all of the features on eToro’s trading platform risk free with $100,000 in a virtual portfolio
Cryptocurrency is a way to trade currency and other assets digitally, independent of any third-party entity, such as a government or bank. These transactions take place on a decentralised ledger system called the blockchain. The first crypto was Bitcoin, and it remains a leading digital currency, along with Ethereum, XRP, and others.
A blockchain is a decentralised digital ledger where encrypted data can be transferred securely, making it nearly impossible to duplicate or counterfeit. This ledger is the foundation of any cryptocurrency transaction.
Read more about how the blockchain works here.
Cryptocurrencies can be traded in two ways. Either you purchase the actual tokens and trade them on a cryptocurrency platform, or you trade CFDs based on the underlying cryptocurrency price. Depending on local regulations in your country of residence, you can do one or both on the eToro platform.
Read more about how to buy cryptocurrencies here.
eToro offers a wide variety of the world’s most popular cryptocurrencies and is constantly making more coins available for trading. Our current offering includes:
- Bitcoin (BTC): The largest cryptocurrency by market cap, considered to be the first wide-scale implementation of blockchain technology.
- XRP by Ripple Labs (XRP): This popular cryptocurrency enables real-time payments with greater transaction speeds and lower costs, and is already in use by many well-known brands.
- Ethereum (ETH): This leading cryptocurrency has received international recognition from technology giants such as Microsoft and Intel. In addition to payments, Ethereum also supports “smart contracts.”
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH): A ‘hard fork’ designed to be a solution to the transaction backlog Bitcoin was experiencing, Bitcoin Cash’s block size is eight times that of Bitcoin.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC): Although Ethereum Classic has a significantly lower market cap than its namesake, it is still a popular cryptocurrency.
- Litecoin (LTC): The first cryptocurrency to implement SegWit, a method of speeding up transaction times without compromising the underlying blockchain technology.
- Dash (DASH): Based on Bitcoin’s technology, Dash’s additional infrastructure enables faster transactions and higher liquidity, though unlike other cryptocurrencies, Dash is a decentralised autonomous organization (DAO).
- Stellar Lumens (XLM): Operating on a unique consensus algorithm rather than mining, Stellar can facilitate transactions between multiple currencies, whether fiat or digital.
- NEO (NEO): Also known as the ‘Chinese Ethereum,’ NEO was designed to be easily modified and to have no forking ability.
- EOS (EOS): Upon its release, EOS quickly became one of the top ten cryptos, with a powerful open-source infrastructure capable of supporting thousands of commercial-scale decentralised applications (DApps).
- Cardano (ADA): Inspired by Ethereum, Cardano differentiated itself with a dual-layer structure running each layer separately, as opposed to Ethereum, where both layers are intertwined.
- IOTA (MIOTA): Based on a proprietary ‘blockless’ blockchain called Tangle, IOTA is paving the way for a decentralised network to power the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Zcash (ZEC): Zcash encrypts the contents of shielded transactions, ensuring that the sender, recipient, and amount transferred are all kept private.
- TRON (TRX): Tron aims to create a decentralised alternative for digital content distribution via one of the largest blockchain-based operating systems in the world.
- Tezos (XTZ): Tezos’ ICO in September 2018 was one of the largest in crypto history, raising a record-breaking $232 million.
- Binance Coin (BNB): BNB is a utility cryptocurrency allowing users to unlock discounts on exchange fees for transactions made on the Binance exchange.
See the full selection of cryptoassets, including crypto crosses, here.
eToro does not charge any deposit or trading fees other than spreads.
Trading on the eToro platform occurs in USD. If you deposit or withdraw in a foreign currency other than USD, a conversion fee will apply.
eToro charges a $5 fee for withdrawals and the minimum withdrawal amount is $50. Long (BUY), non-leveraged crypto positions are not executed as CFDs and do not incur any fees. eToro does charge overnight/weekend fees for CFD positions, such as leveraged positions and short (SELL) orders.
To view eToro’s complete pricing policy, click here.
You can easily transfer cryptocurrency from your portfolio to the eToro Wallet. Go to the Portfolio screen on the platform and click on the relevant open position. The option to transfer will appear in the ‘Edit Trade’ screen under ‘Invested amount.’ A pop-up window will appear showing the amount of units in the trade, the fee for executing this transaction, and the final amount of units (coins) that you will receive in your wallet.
For more detailed information, click here.