We understand that many eToro users have concerns regarding the coronavirus pandemic. Considering the virus’ impact on the global economy and even more importantly people’s lives, these concerns are understandable. We would like to reassure all of our users that we are monitoring the situation closely and we are taking every necessary precaution to ensure the smooth operation of our trading and investment platform.
Preparing for Volatility
We have seen major volatility in financial markets, with large price swings occurring on almost a daily basis. We should expect this volatility to continue and it is important to take extra care.
We recommend that you:
- monitor your positions frequently
- review your Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, as market gaps may occur
- be aware of possible price gaps when markets open. See Market Hours and Fees page for more.
The World Reacts to the Coronavirus
While much uncertainty remains, global leaders are taking action to contain the outbreak and are introducing measures to try and minimise the economic impact.
- February: China announces factory shutdown, injects $174 billion in stimulus.
- March: After a teleconference between several central banks, the Fed cut rates by 0.5%.
- March: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) announced a $50 billion aid package.
eToro is here for you
eToro is the world’s largest investment community and our goal is to always be there to support our users. You can rest assured that we are doing everything we can to continue to offer you the best possible service in these challenging times. This is not without its challenges and due to the current high volume of requests, please be aware that our Customer Service response time has been temporarily extended to 7 business days. If there’s an urgent matter that needs immediate attention, please contact an agent by clicking here. We appreciate your patience.
We wish everyone good health and hope that the situation will soon be resolved.