US Head of PR & Communications
eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading, blockchain, and machine-learning-based investment products. eToro is a regulated and secure platform, operating in full transparency with its client’s interests in mind.
Based in the U.S. and reporting to the Global Head of PR & Communications, the U.S. Head of PR & Communications will be responsible for leading the PR strategy for eToro in the United States with the support of a PR agency. They will also be required to support the wider business on communications topics including working with the Marketing, Investor Relations, Corporate Strategy, Investment Office and Customer Service teams.
We are looking for a well-connected and experienced public relations professional. The successful candidate will be an outcome orientated, self-starter with a collaborative mindset, capable of taking eToro’s US PR to the next level with imaginative and impactful ideas. They will work in close partnership with the US marketing team to achieve a strongly aligned marketing and PR strategy.
The right candidate is an excellent communicator with an eye for detailed execution, and has the capability of delivering results within tight deadlines. They have experience with issues management and the ability to build trust and act as a PR advocate at all levels of the business.
Lead, devise and manage eToro’s PR efforts for the United States ensuring close alignment with US marketing to ensure a tightly connected marketing and PR strategy.
Manage eToro’s U.S. PR agency (and liaison with agencies in other markets as required).
Press office functions:
- Facilitate answers to direct media requests;
- Progress appropriate opportunities put forward by the the PR agency;
- Review/edit PR plans/campaigns, press releases, house views, positioning statements, Q&As and ad-hoc media notes;
- Liaison with content writers regarding placed articles and other written commentary;
- Organize media events and media attendance at events and conferences;
- Coordinate submissions for awards and surveys;
- Act as a spokesperson.
Monitoring and managing eToro’s reputation:
- Supervise the active monitoring of eToro’s reputation in the U.S. market;
- Monitor key debates and identify story opportunities as well as potential issues;
- Manage crisis communications or issues management with the support of the Global Head of PR & Communications and U.S. PR agency.
- Support the eToro business on communications topics including working with the Marketing, Investor Relations, Corporate Strategy, Customer Service and other departments;
- Work with teams across eToro including Marketing and the Investment Office (analysts) to ensure eToro has an integrated approach to PR & Communications.
Act as a senior member of the Global PR team:
- Contribute to global PR strategy;
- Coordinate with other team members to achieve ‘global’ campaigns;
- Support coordination of PR activity between local marketing and PR teams and the central teams in Israel and London;
- Encourage sharing of best practices between countries.
- Responsible for devising and achieving U.S. KPIs;
- Provide oversight for weekly, monthly and quarterly updates for global PR evaluation;
- Showcase the success of U.S. PR and demonstrate the value of PR to the business.
Manage PR budget spend and provide necessary records and inputs to the Global Head of PR and Communications for budget exercises.
Want to join?
Key skills and experience:
- At least 12 years PR experience;
- A story teller with a passion for writing and excellent verbal communication skills;
- Strong judgement and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully to urgent PR matters;
- Proven track record in building media relationships;
- Native English proficiency;
- Pro-active and solution driven with a strong sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work in crisis mode;
- Understanding of fintech and/or financial services an advantage;
- Experience of working with other nationalities and as part of a cross-functional team an advantage.