eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs. Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading, blockchain and machine-learning-based investment products. eToro is a regulated and secure platform, operating in full transparency with its clients’ interest in mind.
eToro’s award-winning trading and investing platform is home to millions of traders and investors in 140 countries. Join us and enjoy a professional, rewarding job atmosphere at a company that puts on emphasis on professional standards, while keeping the workplace fun. We offer competitive fees and great benefits for the right applicant.
To undertake AML processes such as Client Due Diligence (CDD), Risk Assessments, Monitoring and Reporting. This role requires risk based analysis and decision making and proactive collection and validation of required information to support timely client on-boarding and matter processing in-line with regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for client on-boarding and matter processing, conducting periodic reviews and assisting Senior Management with other AML/Compliance activities as required.
- Review and assess the AML and reputational risk associated with new client and matter requests.
- Interact with partners and fee earners to collect mandatory documentation required to complete CDD successfully, reviewing and verifying documentation received.
- Disposition screening alerts making a determination on true or false matches, escalating if required.
- Thoroughly document research and analysis completed on clients and/or matters in a manner suitable for review by internal and external stakeholders e.g. Regulators, Audit, AML Compliance Manager.
- Perform and review client and matter risk assessments and make risk based decisions based on the analysis undertaken.
- Complete appropriate research in order to obtain a good understanding of a client’s business and related parties in order to monitor client’s activities for unusual transactions.
- Provide AML advice and support to internal stakeholders: Partners, Fee Earners, PAs.
- Perform investigations where there are ML/CTF suspicions regarding clients and/or matters and escalate findings clearly and concisely for internal review by the AMLCO
- Assist with any other AML Compliance related matters or projects as identified and assigned by the AMLCO.
- Bachelor's degree required in Business Administration, economics, law or other related field
- Strong understanding of AML/CTF requirements and financial crime risks associated
- Relevant AML experience, preferably in an Investment firm (min. 1 year)
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Experience of AML/KYC/Due Diligence processes and systems
- Experience with AML monitoring and screening
- Ability to manage processes efficiently, with accuracy and attention to detail
- A recognized AML/Compliance qualification is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong decision making capabilities
- Team player adaptable to fast-paced and changing environment
- Good planning, time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work independently and also to liaise with other departments
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft office applications and other Productivity Tools
- Familiar with gdocs and excel
- Personal Qualities
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis