UK Manager, PR & Communications
UK Manager, PR & Communications
eToro is a multi-asset investment platform that empowers people to grow their knowledge and wealth as part of a global community of successful investors. eToro was founded in 2007 with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. Today, eToro is a global community of more than 23 million registered users who share their investment strategies; and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real time, and transact whenever they want.
Based in the UK and reporting to the European Head of PR & Communications, the UK PR Manager will be responsible for leading PR & Communications in the UK & Ireland.
We are looking for a well-connected and experienced public relations professional to lead eToro’s PR in the UK & Ireland. The successful candidate will be an outcome orientated, self-starter with a collaborative mindset, capable of taking eToro’s UK PR to the next level with imaginative and impactful ideas.
The right candidate is an excellent communicator with an eye for detailed execution, and has the capability of delivering first-class results within tight deadlines. They have experience with issues management and the ability to build trust and act as a PR advocate at all levels of the business.
The candidate will support the growing global PR team and the wider business on communications topics including working with the Marketing team, Investor Relations team, Corporate Strategy group, Investment Office, Customer Service and other departments. eToro’s inhouse PR team is supported by a network of PR agencies around Europe and globally.
- Devise and manage the PR strategy and programme for eToro in UK & Ireland.
- Management of eToro’s UK agency (and liaison with agencies in other markets as required).
- Press office functions:
- Facilitating the answering of direct media requests;
- Progressing appropriate opportunities put forward by the PR agency;
- Reviewing/editing PR plans / campaigns, press releases, house views, positioning statements, Q&As and ad-hoc media notes;
- Liaison with content writers regarding placed articles and other written commentary;
- Organizing media events and media attendance at events and conferences;
- Co-ordinating submissions for awards and surveys.
- Monitoring and managing eToro’s reputation:
- Monitoring key debates and identifying story opportunities as well as potential issues;
- Managing crisis communications or issues management - with the support of the European Head of PR & Communications;
- Support the eToro business on communications topics including working with the Marketing team, Investor Relations team, Corporate Strategy group, communication, Investment Office, Customer Service and other departments.
- Work with teams across eToro including SEO, social media, analyst team to ensure eToro has an integrated approach to PR & Communications.
- Support coordination of PR activity between the business teams in Israel and London.
- Encouraging sharing of best practice between countries.
- Responsibility for setting and achieving UK & Ireland KPIs;
- Oversight of weekly, monthly and quarterly updates for the global PR evaluation;
- Showcase the success of UK & Ireland and demonstrate the value of PR to the business;
- Manage PR budget spend and compile necessary records and input to the team.
Key skills and experience:
- At least 5 years PR experience
- A story teller with a passion for writing and excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong judgement and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully to urgent PR matters
- Proven track record in building media relationships
- Native English proficiency
- Pro-active and solution driven with a strong sense of responsibility
- Experience of working with other nationalities and as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to work in crisis mode
- Understanding of fintech or financial services an advantage - specifically B2C / Retail investor and money management applications or Challenger/neo banking knowledge