Senior Counsel, eToro US
eToro is the largest social trading platform with over 23 million users. We are a multi-asset platform offering investments ranging from stocks, ETFs to crypto. Our innovative investor education and “Copy Trading” capabilities remain differentiated and innovative. As a growing fintech, our services and offering raise challenging and transformative questions that demand deep experience and a strong grasp of broker dealer, advisory, AML and key states level financial regulations.
We seek Senior Counsel for the eToro US market to advise and problem solve with the US CEO and the US leadership team as the company continues to innovate cutting-edge solutions on behalf of consumers in the US market. At eToro, the diverse legal challenges we deal with every-day are best suited for those who enjoy being in the “build and grow” phase of a business and who are out-of-the box thinkers as we face nuanced business opportunities and challenges. This role will also be working closely with eToro’s global Chief Legal Officer, Compliance and others to ensure the alignment of local and global eToro legal policies. This individual will be a member of the eToro US management team.
- Ongoing legal consultation and analysis for the company’s different verticals, including Finance, Compliance, Product, G&A, Regulations, Marketing, HR, R&D, contracts, litigation, etc.
- Assisting with Company’s mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, in so far as they impact the US market.
- Advise on evolving financial services regulations (in US), regulatory inquiries (in partnership with Compliance) and other regulatory issues (such as privacy and data protection).
- In partnership with Global legal colleagues, create and help negotiate complex commercial 3rd party agreements that impact the US market.
- Drafting and negotiating standard agreements (NDA, employment agreements, consulting, suppliers, administrative agreements, IT/IP agreements, etc.).
- Draft and maintain legal documents and disclosures in client agreements (in tandem with Compliance).
- Advise US CEO and US management team on strategic matters that impact the eToro US business.
What we're looking for:
- Approximately six or more years of relevant corporate legal experience at a leading national firm, or comparable in-house practice, with exposure to high growth public technology companies.
- Excellent project management, negotiation, drafting, and time management skills.
- Excellent judgement, analytic rigor, and business pragmatism.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
- Must be active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States, preferably in New York.
- Passion for the crypto industry.
- Experience with regulated financial services firms.