Senior Software Developer eToroX Labs
eToroX Labs is a research and development arm of the international trading platform and multi-asset brokerage company, eToro. For over a decade, eToro has been driven by a clear vision: To open the global markets for everyone to trade and invest, in a simple and transparent way.
With the recent launch of the cryptocurrency exchange eToroX, eToro made another great leap towards introducing transparency and openness in financial markets.
eToroX is a fully regulated cryptocurrency exchange featuring a number of “tokenized” digital assets tradeable on the blockchain. At eToroX, we believe that we will see the greatest transfer of wealth onto the blockchain within the coming years, and it is our mission to build the infrastructure supporting the open and transparent financial markets of the future.
At eToroX Labs, our most recent releases includes:
- The launch of eight “stablecoins” assimilating eight major currencies for trade on the eToroX exchange.
- Development of a formally verified contract language for execution of derivative contracts on the Ethereum Blockchain (currently being open-sourced).
As a senior developer at eToroX labs, you will be faced with a number of challenges on a daily basis. Our work typically involves the following.
- Developing novel applications of blockchain technologies within the financial field
- Devising architectures of distributed systems
- Keeping up to date with technological developments, evaluating and presenting their potential utility
- Documenting features and design tradeoffs of proposed and implemented solutions
- Mentoring our junior developers
- Contributing to a friendly atmosphere
To excel as a senior developer at eToroX Labs, the following qualifications are preferred.
- Experience with or interest in finance and trading systems
- A passion for distributed computing and blockchain-related technologies
- Strong proven programming experience
- Motivated and able to quickly acquire new knowledge
- Employs a rigorous and methodological approach to problem-solving
- Experience with Blockchain/DLT and smart contracts is a plus
- Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Social personality and enjoys working with others
Life at eToroX Labs
You will work primarily out of the danish offices in Copenhagen, but will have opportunities to travel and work from other branch offices in Israel, Asia, China or within Europe. We cherish a relaxed and informal office atmosphere and believe that task-ownership and intrinsic motivation is key, in producing superior products.
Due to the highly innovative and research-based nature of our work, you will work side-by-side with academics from top research institutions and produce solutions at the bleeding edge of financial technologies. Working at eToroX Labs tends to be research intensive and thus requires the ability to absorb and apply large quantities of new knowledge, while running fast towards ambitious deadlines.
Needless to say, an analytical mindset and the termination to go above and beyond when solving difficult problems are highly valued.
We are closely connected to the Department of Computer Science at the University and the Copenhagen Business School and occasionally publish the results of our work in leading journals and conference proceedings. If you have considered a PhD or similar research position in distributed systems or equivalent, we are happy to help you towards reaching a research position.
Get in touch!