Do you have a flair for Fintech? Are you after a really exciting career, surrounded by likeminded open thinking and tech savvy individuals?
First established in 2007, eToro is the world’s leading social trading network. We have positioned ourselves as a Fintech leader formed thru a global network of subsidiaries regulated in multiple jurisdictions, including in Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Gibraltar, Australia, and the United States of America.
eToro’s overall vision is to open the global markets to enable everyone to trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. To realise this vision, eToro has a mission; to build the world's largest regulated social trading network which also enables customers to ‘copy’ the trading activities of other traders if they chose and provide a wallet and a Visa debit card to access and use their earnings in real time.
As at the end of Q3 2020, eToro had over 16 million registered users in over 140 countries and more than $4 billion in assets under management. This is enabled by a global multi-regulated structure which is supported by over 1,000 employees.
eToro Money Malta has been strategically setup as the Mediterranean hub to service the European customer base and thru an EMI licensed in the EU, passport and offer e-money services to all clients within the EEA.
- Ensuring skill, care and diligence is exercised in the oversight of any outsourcing arrangements, in compliance with the Outsourcing rules. Includes ownership of the Inter-company SLAs.
- Establishing new relationships and maintaining existing ones with counterparties.
- Ensuring all queries from banking counterparties are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner, including providing any relevant documentation upon request. Establishing new banking relationships and maintaining existing to strengthen the company’s position by diversifying the concentration risk of client money.
- Ensuring that the company’s financial matters are dealt with skill, care and diligence, including accounting policies and procedures, capital requirements, funding strategy, tax matters (including any transfer pricing mechanisms), budget planning and execution in accordance with the business strategy.
- Ensuring accuracy, completeness, availability and accessibility of data across the organization
- Designing and implementing the appropriate controls to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery plans are effective, including its monitoring and testing.
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting to the regulators as per the relevant schedules.
- Preparation of financial forecasts and variance analysis
- Maintenance of all client money matters, ensuring policies and procedures are kept up to date.
- To ensure that all work that incorporates companies that are licensed by the MFSA, are in adherence to all rules and regulations as per licensed requirements pertaining to all licensing authorities
- The preparation of annual standalone/consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS), quarterly VAT returns, withholding tax and corporate tax computations, monthly/quarterly MFSA supervision filings (standalone/consolidated) that reflect adherence to regulatory requirements and monthly/quarterly NSO filings
- Responsible for the preparation of business plans, budgets and forecasts analysis
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting, continual development of internal control processes and analysis to ensure continued growth and development of the company
- Overviewing adherence to Budgets by departmental management
- Formulating business strategies and contributing to medium and long term planning,including expansion into new markets/geographical areas
- Preparation of annual financial statements, liaising with auditors, providing analysis
- MFSA PQ’ed and approved individual considered an asset
- ACCA/MIA qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Have a good working knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Fintech - Financial services or banking experience would be considered an asset
- Able to manage multiple currencies and intercompany provisions
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- A proven track record in achieving targets