Head of Compliance and MLRO
Do you have a flair for Fintech? Are you after a really exciting career, surrounded by likeminded open thinking and tech savvy individuals?
First established in 2007, eToro is the world’s leading social trading network. We have positioned ourselves as a Fintech leader formed thru a global network of subsidiaries regulated in multiple jurisdictions, including in Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Gibraltar, Australia, and the United States of America.
eToro’s overall vision is to open the global markets to enable everyone to trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. To realise this vision, eToro has a mission; to build the world's largest regulated social trading network which also enables customers to ‘copy’ the trading activities of other traders if they chose and provide a wallet and a Visa debit card to access and use their earnings in real time.
As at the end of Q3 2020, eToro had over 16 million registered users in over 140 countries and more than $4 billion in assets under management. This is enabled by a global multi-regulated structure which is supported by over 1,000 employees.
eToro Money Malta has been strategically setup as the Mediterranean hub to service the European customer base and thru an EMI licensed in the EU, passport and offer e-money services to all clients within the EEA.
To monitor and, on a regular basis
To assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place to ensure the Company’s compliance with its regulatory obligations; and to take action and address any deficiencies, and to advise and assist the relevant persons responsible for carrying out regulated activities in order to comply with the Company’s regulatory obligations.
- Ensure compliance with MFSA regulations, in particular the rules relating to Conduct of Business (“COBS”) and the FIAU.
- Implement controls to prevent money laundering and financing of terrorism
- Draft and maintain corporate governance documents as well as assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s compliance measures
- Report to Management and to the Company’s Board on the effectiveness of compliance procedures, the provision and analysis of appropriate management Information, and regulatory updates relevant to the Company.
- Provide regulatory advice on new products/services to be offered by the Company.
- Communicate with the MFSA and the FIAU.
- Ensure that the Company has appropriate Policies and Procedures that are in line with regulatory requirements, taking responsibility for at least bi-annual review, update, and approval.
- Compliance oversight of all activities outsourced to other entities.
- Perform and/or oversee a risk based compliance plan and monitoring of the Company’s operations, in line with regulatory guidelines and in conjunction with business and compliance departments in other parts of the eToro group.
- Monitoring the complaints handling process and review and report on root cause analysis.
- Compliance oversight of financial promotions issued by the Company.
- Oversight of portfolio management services provided by an another group company to the Company’s customers, ensuring that suitability checks comply with MFSA requirements, and monitoring of portfolio management controls and reporting.
- Responsibility for customer due diligence and AML controls, including the oversight and monitoring of functions performed by other group companies on behalf of the Company.
- Responsibility for the review of all Suspicious Activity Reports on the Company’s customers, and where appropriate, reporting to the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit.
- Ensure Certified Function persons are regularly assessed for fitness and propriety and ensure all staff receive appropriate training.
- Cooperation with the Legal Department to ensure that the company’s T&Cs are up to date with relevant legislation.
- Act as the Company’s Data Protection Officer, liaising as appropriate with the group’s head of information security
- Successful candidates are to be MFSA PQ’ed and approved individuals.
- Bachelor's degree in law with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar positions preferred
- Proof of ongoing training in compliance and AML matters in recent years
- Successful candidate needs to be highly organized and pro-active with a can-do attitude
- Fintech - Financial services or banking experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- A proven track record in achieving targets