First established in 2007, eToro is the world’s leading social trading network. We have positioned ourselves as a Fintech leader formed thru a global network of subsidiaries regulated in multiple jurisdictions, including in Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Gibraltar, Australia, and the United States of America.
eToro’s overall vision is to open the global markets to enable everyone to trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. To realise this vision, eToro has a mission; to build the world's largest regulated social trading network which also enables customers to ‘copy’ the trading activities of other traders if they chose and provide a wallet and a Visa debit card to access and use their earnings in real time.
As at the end of Q3 2020, eToro had over 16 million registered users in over 140 countries and more than $4 billion in assets under management. This is enabled by a global multi-regulated structure which is supported by over 1,000 employees.
eToro Money Malta has been strategically setup as the Mediterranean hub to service the European customer base and thru an EMI licensed in the EU, passport and offer e-money services to all clients within the EEA.
To monitor and, on a regular basis;
To assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place to ensure the Company’s adherence with its regulatory obligations; and To take action and address any deficiencies, and to advise and assist the relevant persons responsible for carrying out regulated activities in order to comply with the Company’s regulatory obligations.
The role holder will support the Business’s first and second lines of defense against financial crime, and help the Business remain within its risk appetite.
- Ensuring skill, care and diligence is exercised in the oversight of any outsourcing arrangements, in compliance with the Outsourcing rules. Includes ownership of the Inter-company SLAs.
- Establishing new relationships and maintaining existing ones with counterparties.
- Ensuring all queries from banking counterparties are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner, including providing any relevant documentation upon request. Maintaining banking relationships and ensuring to strengthen the company’s position by diversifying the concentration risk of client money.
- Ensuring accuracy, completeness, availability and accessibility of data across the organization
- Designing and implementing the appropriate controls to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery plans are effective, including its monitoring and testing.
- Monitor and manage alerts within the Business’s automated risk & fraud monitoring system.
- Escalate emerging risks to the Fraud Manager in a timely manner.
- Support AML and transaction monitoring investigations.
- Generate routine and ad hoc MI Reports and present to senior management.
- Support Risk & Control Assessment testing.
- Be an advocate for a ‘Centre of Excellence’ and ‘Risk Awareness Culture’ across the Business.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting to the regulators as per the relevant schedules.
- To ensure that all work that incorporates companies that are licensed by the MFSA, are in adherence to all rules and regulations as per licensed requirements pertaining to all licensing authorities
- Proficient and meticulous whence drafting and maintaining Risk management policies and procedures
- Assist with continual development of internal control processes and analysis to ensure continued growth and development of the company
- assessment, metrics determination, control effectiveness assessment, risk monitoring and control techniques
- Knowledge of the external business and regulatory environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to accuracy and details
- Ability to make good decisions, handle conflicting priorities and meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Experience in back office administration/accounting / Risk Analysis
- Good knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Preferred language English, written and verbal communication
- Detail oriented and focused
- Capacity to work under pressure and with strict deadlines
- Strong sense of professionalism, organizational and analytical skills
- University degree preferred.
- Fintech - Financial services or banking experience would be considered an asset
- A proven track record in achieving targets