PR & Communications Assistant Manager
eToro is a multi-asset investment platform that empowers people to grow their knowledge and wealth as part of a global community of successful investors. eToro was founded with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. Today, we are a global community of more than 20 million registered users who share their investment strategies; and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real time, and transact whenever they want.
Based in the UK and reporting to the European Head of PR & Communications, the PR and Communications Assistant Manager will provide key support to a global PR team of four. eToro has experienced significant growth over the last 12 months and announced plans to go public later this year. This hire reflects an expansion in eToro’s PR efforts, with a focus on strengthening our current PR activity and growing in more markets. The hire will play a key role in supporting the team at a crucial time of growth and there is large scope for progression as the idea is that the PR & Communications Assistant Manager will in time become responsible for managing the PR in a number of markets.
- Provide key support to the PR managers in a number of markets. This includes:
- assisting with day to day contact with local PR agencies (countries to be agreed);
- supporting the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly updates for the global PR evaluation;
- drafting communications including press releases, market commentary, positioning statements, Q&As, briefing notes, internal news roundups etc.;
- working closely with the team on local or global surveys and reports.
Press office functions, including:
- assisting with direct media requests;
- progressing appropriate opportunities put forward by the the PR agencies or ideas generated in-house;
- managing the distribution of commentary from our global network of market analysts;
- coordinating media opportunities for our analysts and spokespeople;
- assisting with organizing media events and media attendance at events and conferences
- co-ordinating submissions for awards and surveys.
Monitoring and managing eToro’s reputation globally, including:
- reviewing daily press clippings;
- monitoring of journalists’ requests;
- monitoring key debates and identifying story opportunities as well as potential issues;
- managing eToro’s media centre and keeping this up to date.
Acting as a key part of the global PR team, including:
- contributing to the global PR strategy
- providing support for all markets as required;
- supporting coordination of PR activity between local marketing and PR teams and the central teams in Israel and London;
- helping to promote PR successes and educate on the value of PR within eToro.
- 2 years plus PR experience (in-house or agency);
- fluent English; extra languages an advantage;
- excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- an understanding of fintech and financial services is preferred;
- pro-active and solutions driven with a strong sense of responsibility;
- ability to work in crisis mode and to short deadlines;
- a strong team player.