What you’ll be doing:
- Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies.
- Send them to the suppliers and copy the owners.
- Review inventories and order as required.
- Interact with the suppliers on a day to day basis.
- Review deliveries against orders.
- Track the status of any orders.
- Deal with non supplied, under orders, over orders and damaged goods.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy
- Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment.
- Produce and maintain all reports (Open GRV Open PO)
- Motivate various purchasing projects & processes
Purchasing Clerk Skill requirements
- Clerical skills – clerical skills are key in this role, since purchasing clerk prepare orders and reports and ensure that information is correctly entered in the company’s system
- Mathematics – purchasing clerk should possess good mathematical skills to ensure that their calculations are correct when determining costs and completing purchase orders
- Relationship management – because they support vendor relations and contracts, purchasing clerk should have strong relationship development and management skills
- Client service skills – client service skills are also important in this role, since the purchasing clerk needs to work with multiple departments to complete orders and maintain records
- Communication skills in English – purchasing clerks are effective verbal and written communicators, able to speak with and write to vendors and internal personnel
- Control in Excel
- Good Priority (ERP) knowledge
Conduct good negotiation skills with suppliers