eToro was founded in 2007 with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. The eToro Group consists of the eToro platform, our multi-asset trading, and investment venue, eToroX, which manages our crypto wallet and exchange, and eToro Money which is our latest division working on the launch of the eToro debit card.
The eToro platform enables people to invest in the assets they want, from stocks and commodities to crypto assets. We are a global community of more than 23million registered users who share their investment strategies, and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform, users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real-time, and transact whenever they want.
eToro Australia is looking for an AML Manager to join our team. The position reports to the Head of Risk and Compliance and manages a team of AML operations and analysis staff. The role oversees all regulatory compliance requirements, filings, communications, and internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the AML laws and regulations. This is a unique position which requires someone who has the ability to manage and who also isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and be very hands on.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the AML program to ensure strict adherence to regulatory requirements
- Manage the AML team of operational and analyst staff in their daily activities to prevent money laundering activity
- Create and coordinate AML compliance training programs for team members and maintain documentation of training efforts
- Review and investigate daily activity to determine whether SMR filing is necessary
- Prepare internal and external reports, including SMRs in accordance with internal policies
- Review cases in the transaction monitoring system when rule thresholds are crossed or when questionable activity referrals are received
- Set and maintain parameters in relation to eToro’s KYC, CDD/EDD, and AUSTRAC policies and systems
- Assist the global AMLCO in responding to regulatory inquiries and investigations
- Drafting and developing AML/compliance policies and procedures
- 8+ years working in Anti-Money Laundering compliance required
- Working knowledge of AUSTRAC regulations
- Experience in managing a compliance program at a retail financial services entity regulated by ASIC and AUSTRAC.
- Experience with SMR filing, sanctions screening, and KYC requirements
- Experience in managing regulatory audits and examinations preferred
- ACAMS qualified preferred
- Crypto experience preferred
- Highly organised and able to balance a multitude of ongoing projects and initiatives in a fast paced environment
- Genuinely excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management experience - you will be working very closely with many individuals and teams globally , and so exceptional relationship building skills are imperative.