Senior Back End Developer, Engagement
eToro is the world’s leading social trading network, providing millions of users from around the world a one-stop-shop solution for their trading and investing needs.
Since 2007, eToro has positioned itself as a Fintech leader, pioneering revolutionary practices such as social trading and machine-learning-powered investment products.
eToro’s award-winning trading and investing platform is at the forefront of Fintech technology. Our Research and
Development department develops cutting-edge technologies, focusing on field-relevant areas, such as blockchain and artificial intelligence.
We promote an organizational culture which is both professional and fun.
As a Senior Back End Engineer in the Engagement team you will be responsible for leading the development of key features, and shape the experience of millions of users.
These features include the platform's news feed, stock/crypto search, stocks watchlist, personalization algorithms, and more.
These projects touch on all aspects of the development lifecycle - from design, implementation, and testing to deployment to production - for an exciting range of products and technologies.
- Lead the design and implementation of a24/7 high scale distributed system.
- Proactively participate in every aspect of the software development lifecycle of feature development, including input on specifications, designs, implementation, test, optimization, and delivery.
- Own and lead collaborative efforts with various stakeholders including Product, IT, and R&D teams.
- Become a technical leader; research and promote new technologies and tools.
- Face technical challenges - performance, fault-tolerance, security and live production issues.
- Write unit tests, integration tests and CI/CD procedures.
- Be involved throughout our services life cycle, and influence every step of the way.
- Join an amazing group of people!
- Proven experience in developing 24x7 mission critical server-side applications
- Proven experience with high-performance/low-latency systems
- 5+ years development experience in C# / Java
- Knowledge and understanding of SW architecture concepts
- Results oriented, self-learner, problem solver with 'can do' attitude
Desirable (Nice to have)
- Experience with cloud infrastructures such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience developing .Net Core applications
- Experience with Kubernetes and Dockers
- Experience with CI/CD, Jenkins
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with TypeScript
- High coding standards - DDD, TDD, Automation
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with various data sources like MS SQL, Cosmos DB, Redis, RabbitMQ and more