MLRO eToro Money
Role Title: Money Laundering Reporting Officer eToro Money (UK) Ltd
Reporting: Director of Compliance and AML
To assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place to ensure the Company’s compliance with its regulatory obligations; and
To take action and address any deficiencies, and to advise and assist the relevant persons responsible for carrying out regulated activities in order to comply with the Company’s regulatory obligations.
Ensure compliance with FCA & JMLSG regulations, in particular the rules relating to Conduct of Business (“COBS”)
o Implement controls to prevent money laundering and financing of terrorism
o Maintain corporate governance documents as well as assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s AML preventative measures
- Report to Management and to the Company’s Board on the effectiveness of AML procedures, the provision and analysis of appropriate management Information, and regulatory updates relevant to the Company.
- Provide regulatory advice on new products/services to be offered by the Company.
- Communicate with the Banking partners, Issuer Processors and the regulator.
- Ensure that the Company has appropriate Policies and Procedures that are in line with regulatory requirements, taking responsibility for at least bi-annual review, update, and approval.
- AML oversight of all activities outsourced to other entities and external companies.
- Perform and/or oversee a risk based AML plan and monitoring of the Company’s operations, in line with regulatory guidelines and in conjunction with business and compliance departments in other parts of the eToro group.
- Monitoring the complaints handling process and review and report on root cause analysis.
- Responsibility for AML controls, including the oversight and monitoring of functions performed by other group companies on behalf of the Company.
- Responsibility for the review of all Suspicious Activity Reports on the Company’s customers, and where appropriate, reporting to the NCA.
- Support the business in new initiatives
- Submit REP001, REP 002, REP 017, REP018, REP020 on Reg data
Background and Experience:
- Worked in an EMI in the same capacity
- Worked in Fintech in a large-scale environment
- Worked in an issuing environment (of own license)
- Knowledgeable on Visa reporting requirement