PR & Communications Manager
eToro was founded in 2007 with the vision of opening up the global markets so that everyone can trade and invest in a simple and transparent way. The eToro platform enables people to invest in the assets they want, from stocks and commodities to cryptoassets. We are a global community of more than 16 million registered users who share their investment strategies; and anyone can follow the approaches of those who have been the most successful. Due to the simplicity of the platform users can easily buy, hold and sell assets, monitor their portfolio in real time, and transact whenever they want.
Based in the UK and reporting to the Global Head of PR & Communications, the PR & Communications Manager will be responsible for supporting the global PR strategy and programme for eToro. They will be joining a Global PR Team of 3 and the hire reflects an expansion in eToro’s PR efforts with a specific focus on launching PR activity in more markets. They will have a specific focus on and responsibility for a number of markets (countries to be agreed).
Responsibility for the PR strategy in a number of markets (countries to be agreed). This includes:
- Acting as the lead day to day contact and strategic advisor for the PR agencies in these markets
- Owning and managing the relationship with the respective Regional Managers, spokespeople and key stakeholders for those markets.
- Evaluate the impact of eToro’s PR activity in these markets via pre-agreed KPIs and support the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly updates for the global PR evaluation.
- Monitor PR budget spend for these markets and compile necessary records and input to Global Head of PR and Communications.
Press office functions:
- Prioritising and answering direct media requests
- Progressing appropriate opportunities put forward by the the PR agencies or ideas generated in-house
- Managing the distribution of commentary from our global network of market analysts and coordinating media opportunities for our analysts (print and broadcast)
- Drafting or reviewing/editing PR plans / campaigns, press releases, house views, positioning statements, Q&As and ad-hoc media notes
- Liaison with content writers regarding placed articles and other written commentary
- Organizing media events and media attendance at events and conferences
- Co-ordinating submissions for awards and surveys.
Monitoring and managing eToro’s reputation globally:
- Reviewing daily press clippings
- Monitoring of journalists’ requests
- Monitoring key debates and identifying story opportunities as well as potential issues
- Helping to manage crisis communications or issues management - with the support of the Global Head of PR & Communications
- Acting in the longer term as a spokesperson
Acting as a key part of the global PR team:
- Take an active role in shaping the global PR strategy and balancing global/local specificities
- Provide support for all markets as required
- Support coordination of PR activity between local marketing and PR teams and the central teams in Israel and London
- Encouraging sharing of best practice between countries
- Help to promote PR successes and educate on the value of PR within eToro.
- 3 plus years PR experience (inhouse or agency)
- Fluent English; extra languages an advantage
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of fintech and financial services
- Experience managing PR agencies
- Proven track record in building media relationships
- Pro-active and solutions driven with a strong sense of responsibility
- Experience of working with other nationalities and as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to work in crisis mode